Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

hey Chickeemama!

nicethyme
16 years ago

I always feel slightly flirtatious saying that! LOL

so about stamps, I'm kinda ignorant about them since I've never perused the scrapbooking isles. I tried doing a search online and scared myself with the prices I found (EEKS!) so I guess I'm gonna try to make do with my letter stamps for words and textures from things I can find.

But, I really love 2 things in the book and that is the page of text stamps like on page 36 where she's doing the house and overlaps the texts in different directions. and also I really like the frame stamps with that column look in the windows and niches part...

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I would do with little arm and leg tiles but that doesn't seem to quell the urge to make them! LOL

Comments (13)

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Hey, girlie. Just b/f I quit the clay I'd made the doll arm moulds but never used them. Very easy. Here's a link to where Laurie buys a lot of her stamps. Note they are slightly cheaper than the ones in the craft stores cuz they're unmounted. She has some wild and crazy stuff but lots of neat stamps.
    Zettiology - rubber stamps

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Here's another site I used to frequent when playing in clay. She has the little nichos. If you'd like me to buy you some of these in P.V., I'll be happy to do so. The least I could bargain them down was $10/12 bucks. I made one for one of my triptychs recently. They're very easy to make - just a little open box behind your front. I used silicon to adhere the two pieces together, but someone who can solder could make these easily. I don't know how to solder well, so I haven't tried putting a little door on them w/a hinge. This site also has lots of the charms Lauri makes. Her inlaws live in San Antonia and I'm sure she buys lots of them there, but she also buy in Mexico.
    stamps, charms, nichos

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Ok Nice, I went on my lunch hour to michaels and they had some stamps with the nice words and such..cant remember if they were cursive or not but...they didnt have the sheets. If you like a stamp there is no reason you could not unmount it from the wood or rubber that it is attatched to therefore making it into a sheet.

They had some texture sheets in a 4 pack but no words.

SLOW- thank you for the link. I will check that out, especially if they are cheaper than the craft stores!!!! I dont mind if they are mounted or unmounted AT ALL!!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OH SLOW!!! thank you so much for both those fabulous links! I book marked them

oh why oh why can I never have money at the same moment that I have time? lol

thanks for browsing the store for me Chickee, yeah I'm really interested in the sheets that look like they've been run off an entire book page... some in Slow's sites are good... long running quotes of Shakespeare will work great! I think getting a bunch with different fonts and point size will be interesting...

so Slow you never used the body parts either? I'm freaking my little DD out she thinks I'm gonna take her Barbies' arms! lol I tried to explain that I just want to make an imprint but she's not grasping! lol

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Send me your address via email, NT, and I'll send you some stuff.

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

NT on page 124 Laurie Mika has a lot of websites for RUbber stamps and ink.

Not a problem checking for you. I love to go in and look around.

I also dont know what I want to do with an arm mold but I do have some ideas brewing!!

Slow thank you for the links

• wackyweeder
    16 years ago

Do you have dollar tree? They always have a bin of rubber stamps, some nice, some not but they change all the time, I bought a 3 inch heart with filigree for a buck yesterday. Can the regular stamps be used for poly?

• texaswild
    16 years ago

WACKY, in looking for stamps for clay you want them w/as few tiny details as possible. For example, the one w/the big eye that I bought in the beginning didn't show any of the inside details cuz they were so small and close together. They're for inking. Ones used on clay need the details raised well off the pad.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Slow, that's good to know. I realized straight away that the ones my girls have were'nt good for this as most are foam rubber. That's when I started just doing what you said and imprinted different textured things like broaches and pendants. Now that I have the book, my mind is open to simpler designs with checkers and triangles.

WW,I don't know what we have in the town nearest us, theres a Dollar General and a Dollar "something" - can't recall if thats Tree or not but you've got me curious enough to go see.

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

This is the wrong time of year for this (at least in my climate), but I come across HUNDREDS of rubber stamps at rummage sales.

People buy them thinking they are the next scrapbooking daVinci (or their kids grow up) and they get rid of them.

If I was interested in stuff like that I'd be set for life just from rummage sales.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Try freecycle or craigslist, too...someone may have stuff collecting dust

Maria

• texaswild
    16 years ago

In deleting a lot of "My Favorites" files, I ran across this just in case anyone wants the construction instructions of making a nicho. I can't understand their instructions but the picture tells all.
    Nicho instructions

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL instructions were for a grade school projects and I couldn't understand them either. but you're right the pics were helpful, thanks