Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine_funshine

New House

sunshine_funshine
16 years ago

Well we finally did it! After months of searching for land and picking out house plans, we dropped all that and went and bought a house. I am so glad this search is over 'cause we sold our current house and we close on the 25th of January. We got a really good price! Unfortunately there are a lot of foreclosures on the market just now.

Now for the really cool stuff...the house needs some work-(hasn't been updated since the 70's) like a totally new kitchen, and it has some incredible fireplaces that need a kick. Yes, I will be mosaicing anything that doesn't walk or talk! I am so excited! I haven't been able to do much work on anything artistic since we started this search so I will be so glad to be moved and set up in my NEW WORKSHOP!!! Whoo hoo for me!

You all have been doing such amazing work lately and I have so enjoyed living vicariously through you all! I hope I can share some new creations with you soon!!

Comments (23)

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

Good for you. I am excited for you. I can feel your excitement and anticipation. Good luck. Carol

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Congratulations, Sunshine! Anyone that sells a house in this market deserves a big celebration! Sounds like 2008 is going to be a good year for you. Can't wait to see your WIP.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Do you have your crafting spot all scoped out? LOL!
    You'll have so much fun taking this house and making it your own. Keep us up to date with pics!!

• sunshine_funshine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks guys! I am so excited!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Remember, my offer still stands on suggestions to get you organized. Congrats on the house!
    Barb

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

got a pic of your new digs???

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Congrats on selling the house!! Proving , you CAN sell a house in this market!! Yipee!! Yes, lets see pics of the new one!!

Maria

• sunshine_funshine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No pics yet. They are on Dh's computer so now I have to wait for him...or better yet I'll run over tomorrow and take some with my new camera!! But we have hit a snag and when that is done I will post. I am gonna cry if this doesn't pan out. I really like this house. The location is perfect for us! I can't make myself look at anymore houses! We looked at one the same day we bought this one-for about 2 minutes-then we noticed all the mold and got the heck out of there! Will update soon!!

And Craftlady-stay tuned. I'll be picking your organized brain soon!! And thanks!

Bama-I do have a spot that I want to take over. The basement is totally bare and it is HUGE! So I will probably have a spot down there that LOCKS so younguns will stay out. The wall installation will take awhile but I already have a plan!

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

OH I hope it works out for you! Hate house snags.

I think when you get moved in,thinking positive here, you should decide on the direction you want your fireplaces to go as far as mosaics. Then we can all dig through our stashes and send you a box of something special we hope would blend into your design. Then we can live through you doing mosaic on a FIREPLACE!!! Oh My I would LOVE to have a fireplace to mosaic. Hehehe a sort of house warming gift. Silly me I am just too tired tonight.

Chris

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Thats an excellent idea!

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I see multiple backsplashes in your future . . .

Congrats on the new house.

• sunshine_funshine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok guys, here is a link to the pics of the new house. We are now unsnagged! We close Feb. 14 barring anymore snags!! I am very excited. One level, ranch style house. Built 1972, four bedrooms three baths. The baths are small, but THREE TOILETS! It will seem like heaven to us! The house we just sold was built in 1937 and is tiny in comparison and only has one bath.

My new workshop will be in the basement behind the fireplace you will see in the pics. This place needs cosmetic work and updating, but I fell in love with it immediately. The basement is a complete blank slate, no current walls or other things to work around-except the fireplace. We will closet off the wall that has all the electrical and plumbing stuff and will still have a huge amount of room for workout equipment, pool table and my workshop. (Yeah, big plans here. Dream big, I say!). It reminds me of the house I grew up in and dh gets his acres and his creek!

We will be redoing the kitchen first since that's where we spend most of our time. I see terracotta tiles in my future. When we looked at building, the kitchen areas were tiny and this one is HUGE!

Can you tell how excited I am. Now I have to find the guts to do those fireplaces and kitchen backsplash!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

WOW TRIPLE WOW LOVE it!!! I would just fix up the counters in the kitchen. The rest looks GREAT. What a GREAT house. Your chandelier is so pretty. View out the kitchen windows is pretty. The basement to die for. Looks like a HUGE house.

So glad the snags un snagged for you. What a great find!!! I hope there will be enough sun in the veggie garden area when the trees leaf out. Looks like the kids were happy to explore. They will have a blast in that creek.

So when are you moving?? I am so excited for you.

Chris

• sunshine_funshine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Chris. We close February 14, but dh wants it to be sooner. I am unsure if it will be before that date or not. but we will completely be moved in before March 1.

The trees will be cut back in the garden area. Dh loves to use a chainsaw but I am thinking experts will be used. I would rather pay them than the emergency room! I inherited this house we live in now when I married dh so it is nice to have a house I helped to pick out.

I am so over this house we are in now. It's taking huge amounts of energy just to motivate to clean it right now. I can't wait to move.

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

Nice house!! 3 baths........heaven! I'd be walking around thinking....hmmm what can I mosaic! I noticed the concrete benches and table in the back yard, maybe you could get them to throw them in with the deal! I'd love to mosaic a set like that!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

This house is awesome Sunshine! How nice to have a blank slate to start with for your workshop! LOVE that chandelier in your dining room. You are going to have so much fun making this house your home!
    Barb

• bianchi3
    16 years ago

Oh my goodness, I love this house. The kitchen is nice and large with lots of light, love the little breakfast corner. Yes, I can see a mosaic backsplash. You will have lots of room to mosaic in the basement. And I love the outside, lots of trees and room. Beautiful!
    Bianchi

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

WOW! What a GREAT house!! I LOVE the front porch area!!
    Looks all southern-y to me....or what a northwestern girl's idea of southern is! That basement is HUGE!! I envy you all that room to set up your studio...and are you ever gonna have fun with that fireplace! I like SHADES idea of us all sending you a special piece for you to use. I will be interested to see what you do with that as I have a fireplace that goes to the ceiling in my livingroom that is just an eyesore! -CONGRATS on your BEAUTIFUL new house!!

• sunshine_funshine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks guys! I think it is very southern looking just 'cause of the columns on the front. One level living! Gotta love that! An attached garage-loving that!

Squirrelly-The table and benches-all over it. They will stay cause they're too heavy to move!! They don't want em' anyway. And three bathrooms, so excited I have no words to express it!

Craftlady that Chandelier helped to sell that house. I already loved it, but that dang thing sealed the deal!

Bianchi-biggest kitchen we saw in anything we looked at..another reason to scoop it up!!

Thanks everybody!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

WOW, what a GREAT house congrats!! The first thing I'd do is the kitchen. With my family all that white would be a disaster LOL. Wow,all that property, a creek,a FIREPLACE in the basement!! WOW

You did good. Enjoy!!

Maria

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Congrats!!! I too love that cement set!lol! But the whole place is great! Inside and out!!! Can you imagine mosaicing the whole fireplace?!!!! Yup, it has Everything, I wish you happiness in your new home!!! Jane

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I've never seen a free standing fireplace in the basement . . .how interesting. I see a rumpus room in your future (I love that word - rumpus!!)

Ranch living has more appeal as you age - my knees can tell you volumes about how wonderful it is.

Enjoy this new adventure.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

The house looks GREAT! Lots of room and a big YARD! Ohhh, and a pool in the future. Perfect spot for it. You're kids will love growing up there. Lots of good times ahead for you and your family!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022