Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: looking for sugar - free Baked french toast

Posted by
Leona Dunn
(led346@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Dec 15, 01 at 22:59

I found a recipe about a month ago on one of the sites for Sugar-Free Baked french toast. But it has since ben closed. Does anyone have a recipe for one.
Thanks in advance.
Leona

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: looking for sugar - free Baked french toast

Leona, found this recipe, not sure if it works for you or not. You could serve it as suggested with applesauce or someother fruit.

I am one of those weird people who does not like my French Toast to be sweet. When I make it, I let the bread sop up all of the egg and then I fry it in just a small amount of butter or margarine and then I use butter and salt and pepper when I eat it. My husband and son both want the Maple Syrup.

Ann.

OVEN BAKED FRENCH TOAST

4 servings

3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
1 egg
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 slices sourdough french bread

Combine milk, apple juice, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Place bread in zip-lock baggie and pour egg-mixture over (you may need to use two baggies). Press air out of baggie, close and place baggie flat on counter. Allow egg mixture to settle around bread. Turn baggie and allow egg mixture to settle again. Place in refrigerator (flat) overnight. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Place bread slices in pan and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes until bottoms are brown. Carefully turn and bake until other side is browned and toast is puffed. Serve with maple syrup or heated applesauce.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving: Calories 192 - Calories from Fat 30 Percent Total Calories From: Fat 16%, Protein 23%, Carbohydrate 61% Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 347mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 175 units, Vitamin C 7 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 1 units

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here