Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Diet noodle recipes

Posted by dietnoodleshop (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 17:47

Here is a great recipe for anyone looking to start a diet. It utilizes shirataki noodles which contain 0 calories. My favorite dish is Chicken Cacciatore

Ingredients
Shirataki Noodles of your choice. You�ll probably need about 1 bag of shirataki per person eating.
1 lbs of skinless chicken breasts and 1- 2 lbs of chicken parts thighs, legs etc
Salt and pepper to taste
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
� cup of red wine(or slightly more if you want it to be sweet)
Fresh Basil
Olive oil
2 cans of tomatoes
1 bottle of red wine vinegar

Cooking it all
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken pieces until they are browned in the red wine vinegar and remove from the frying pan. This part can get tricky. You do not want to use to much of the vinegar at a time, but it evaporates fast so be on guard.
2. To a crock pot or a big pot add your olive oil and garlic. Let the garlic brown a bit.
3. Add the tomatoes, your basil, your red pepper, your salt and black pepper, and red wine along and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Then Crush your tomatoes.
4. Add the chicken and let cook on low heat for 2-4 hour. The reason I let it cook this long is to allow for the chicken to soften and the sauce to really get all of the flavors.
5. Cook your Shirataki Noodles by using the method in our video or by just rinsing them off and boiling for 2-3 minutes
6. Throw the noodles in the sauce to create the perfect dish enjoy !
Note: This dish has a very long cook time. Frying the chicken parts takes a lot longer than you would imagine since you are doing it in red wine vinegar. This is one of my families favorite recipes and I have personally cooked this a hundred times.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Diet noodle recipes

That sounds delish. I'm looking to shed a few pounds and this sounds great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here