Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Post-op. jaw surgery recipes (liquid diet)

Posted by redhead-vixen (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 13:46

I am going to be having jaw surgery on Feb. 9th, and will be put on a liquid diet for 6 weeks, so I am looking for some good recipes that I can try along the way. I plan on having the obvious breakfast shakes and what not (Carnation, Ensure...etc...) and I have a few recipes already for a few smoothies. But I'm curious to see if anyone else has any recipes that I can try?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Post-op. jaw surgery recipes (liquid diet)

I am on day 13 of my jaw being wired shut. Ensure and Boost are a good way to get the calories and protein you need, but all that milky sweetness gets old fast. A good way to balance that is with drinking a couple of V8's throughout the day as well. I have found that putting pretty much any kind of soup in the good ole food processor works well. Chicken corn chowder has become one of my favorites. I also tried processing up some beef and bean chili that tasted great and was also loaded with protein.

To everyone in my situation, try to stay positive out there and keep your eye on the prize!

o
RE: LOOKING for: Post-op. jaw surgery recipes (liquid diet)

If you are about to have orthognathic jaw surgery there is a wonderful support group on Yahoo! Navigate to www.yahoo.com and click on groups and then do a search for orthognathicsurgerysupport. I'm about to have sugery on 1/22 and have been a member of the support group since 2005. We cover a lot of stuff there, including post-surgery diets. People are pretty adventuresome on what they put in a blender, including pizza.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here