Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Low Carb Soups

Posted by Mush (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 11, 04 at 21:40

I would really appreciate any favorite low carb soup recipes you'd like to share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Low Carb Soups

Most soups without potatoes or noodles are pretty low carb. If you are making them yourself, the same applies, leave out the potato or noodle. Those are my favorite soups.

o

Taken from a different forum:

PhoebeHerself's PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE SOUP

2 c mashed pumpkin (1 15 oz can) (PLAIN pumpkin no pie stuffs)
4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. minced onion
1 c. finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 c half and half mixed with 1/2 c water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T Italian Seasoning
1/2 pound spicy sausage

Brown sausage, drain, and then add the onion, garlic and herbs. When the sausage is browned, stir in the pumpkin. Stir in the broth and mix well. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Stir in the milk and simmer on low another 10-15 min. Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.

CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP
1 pound ground beef
2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings

Per 1/6 Recipe: 361 Calories; 29g Fat; 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

CRAB AND MUSHROOM SOUP
16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 1/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/4 cup
4 tablespoons butter
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 ounces crab meat
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a large pot, saut the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove about half of the mushrooms and set aside. Add the broth and wine to the pot; puree soup in blender or with stick blender. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the crab meat, the reserved sliced mushrooms and the cream; heat through. Season to taste.

Makes about 6 servings

Per Serving: 215 Calories; 17g Fat; 12g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

I havent tried the crab one yet, but I really liked the first one, and the second was pretty tasty too.

HTH

o

I got this from an SBD forum. We like it!

Taco Junk (all SBD phases)

You can use it on top of salad, or as burritos in a whole wheat tortilla or pita. It's sooooo good and freezes well, too!

1 pound ground turkey breast (or extra-lean ground beef)
14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes -- canned, no sugar added
14 1/2 ounces black beans ※ canned, drained
14 ½ ounces garbanzo beans (chick peas) ※ canned, drained
Taco seasoning
1 package ranch-style dressing mix
2 cups salsa or picante sauce

Brown meat and drain fat. Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.

You can simmer on the stove for about the same amt of time.
---------------------------
I only used half a pkg of the taco sauce and dressing mix as they're too salty for my taste.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here