Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Looking for Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe

Posted by Songbird_MO (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 02 at 14:07

Several weeks ago I found and printed off a recipe for this, and I am quite sure it was on one of these recipe forums. I bought all the ingredients, then couldn't find my recipe copy...DUH!! Could anyone help me out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Looking for Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe

Found this recipe that was posted recently. Not sure if it is the one that you are look for or not.
Ann.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Posted by: aka_Raeanne (My Page) on Tue, Oct 8, 02 at 13:17

Level 1 - Pro/Fat
This recipe has been around a while and I don't know who to credit it to. But it is so tasty and it is great for the fall/winter months ahead.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
1 medium head of cauliflower chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese - grated
S & P to taste
chopped chives

Put cauliflower, onion, celery & stock in crock pot, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.

Puree the cauliflower and return to crok, add cream, worcestershire and cheese, add salt and pepper to taste, stir to mix, turn to high and cook thoroughly, garnish with chives.

***The last time I made this I wanted enough to freeze some. So I did 2 large heads of cauliflower, 2 onions, 2 stalks of celery, 1 more cup of stock and I only used 1 cup of heavy cream. I find that it is creamy enough when you puree the cauliflower. I also puree using my hand blender, it is easy to use and clean-up.

I also have McCormick's Hot Shot (black & red pepper blend) and sprinkle on top instead of chives. Adds a nice little zing to it.
Note: The recipe above for the cauliflower soup should have 2 cups of heavy cream- but I always use one

o
RE: LOOKING for: Looking for Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe

Thanks, Ann, that's the one!! I'm anxious to make it. We eat a lot of soups in the wintertime, and I like to make my own when I can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here