Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Alexander The Great bread recipe

Posted by
Terry Alexander
(talex@blueriver.net) on
Wed, Nov 7, 01 at 10:55

I am looking for the bread recipe that launched an achient Army across mountians and valleys. An Army that was never defeated. Can anyone help... Thank's.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Alexander The Great bread recipe

That is the same as what has been discussed as "Hunza Bread," which incidentally has nothing to do with the Hunzas.

Scroll down and find almost any of the Hunza Bread topics, and there is a recipe.

o

Be sure you don't confuse the Hungarian "Hunza Bread" recipe with the "Hunza Diet Bread" recipe, which is the one attributed to the descendants of Alexander's army (apochryphal, probably). The Hungarian recipe is a yeast bread with raisins, the "real" Hunza recipe is unleavened and calls for whole-grain buckwheat or millet flour.

I suspect that the key ingredient is the water. Called in some recipes "glacial milk," it means water very heavy with minerals (glaciers grind up rocks very finely and it makes the water milky in color). If you can find ionic liquid minerals at your health food store or through a natural supplement distributor, I would suggest substituting a portion of the water with the liquid minerals. That gives you the nutrition you need to reduce (at least in part) the hunger pangs that result from a lack of nutrients in most of our food.

Haven't made the Hunza Diet Bread yet so I can't vouch for the results, but it looks reasonable. The recipe is posted in a message by "Jamers" and dated April 15, 2001, at the Recipe Exchange (hope the link works, I've not used this system before!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipe Exchange

o

I got an e-mail ad from a Swedish sender requesting $20 USD in cash,for this 'miraculous' recipe. No registered mail allowed, untraceable, an obvious scam. The email address was mcmath2@juno.com. Fair warning,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here