Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Gluten Free Recipes

Posted by mstrudums (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 04 at 10:52

Due to celiac disease, I need to eat gluten free foods. If anyone has recipes for this problem, could we get a thread going?

TIA,
Trudy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Gluten Free Recipes

Hi Trudy. If you go to the search function at the top of the of the page, then type in gluten, gluten-free, or gluten free, it should bring up quite a few threads that have already been started by this.
Also, on the internet, use Google as a search engine, and type in the same thing, and there are tons of sites. HOpe this helps.

Glenda

o

There's TONS of things that are gluten free - or nearly. How gluten free do you need to be? Throw out your spices and dry your own GF? Or Rice Crispies are OK sorta GF?

o

There is a new webpage about being wheatfree - would that help you? It is called http://wheatfreeamerica.com/ I found a few recipes there and lots of links. Hope this information is useful.

o

Celiac.com has a lot of places that are for gluten free. Lots of recipes are on line, so no use putting them here. Type in gluten free, or celiac recipes in your search window and you will find what you are looking for.
Darlene

o

My daughter has severe celiac (meaning fresh everything, no extracts, no soy sauce, wort sauce etc.) I think there's a cookbook by Bette Hagman that has tons of receipes. But I can't remember the name of her favorite cookbook. Luckily she lives in LA which has several specialty food stores that cater to gluten free diets. Gluten is in wheat, barley, rye and anything made from those items. It's not just wheat. She can't drink soft drinks or any fast food. Before she was diagnosed many people thought she was anorexic or bulimic. She weighed in at about 110 but she's 5'11". She had dark circles under her eyes. I can't believe how much better she looks now and she's a much healthier weight now. Going to restaurants has been her biggest challenge. She usually just orders a salad - no croutons - and brings her own dressing.

o

I have created a website containing my family's favourite gluten-free baking recipes:

www.glutenfreeliving.bravehost.com

I hope you enjoy it!

C

Here is a link that might be useful: Gluten-Free Living

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here