Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: low-carb or no-carb recipes

Posted by ElsMaMa (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 02 at 2:32

A co-worker is on the Atkins diet and has a hard time with staying away from sweets and snacks. Does anyone have snack or dessert recipes I can share with her??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: low-carb or no-carb recipes

Surprised there are no follow-ups for such a long time! So, if you are still looking...

The Atkins web site has recipies and there are several very good low-carb cookbooks on the market with lots of good snacks. Also, low-carb is becoming so popular that you can find all kinds of very sweet tasting low-carb bars in many major drug stores and supermarkets. The Atkins and the Lowcarb.com website has a whole section on snacks that can be ordered on-line.

o

There are wonderful Russle Stover candies with less than 1 carb per piece. That helps a lot...
And suger free jello, whipped with powdered egg white equal to one egg....with either sour cream or whipped cream added.
Linda C

o

I think I figured that a single Hershey's Kiss is 2.4 carbs and I'll have to check out those Russell Stover candies. Thanks, Linda. I've actually make some of the no carb chocolates posted on lowcarbfriends.com but the real stuff is soooo much better. And tell your friend to check out the health food bars. There are small, snack size chocolate bars with as little 2 net carbs.

For dessert, I like the sugar free puddings. And I often mix up this one from The South Beach Diet.

SOUTH BEACH RICOTTA CREMES
1/2 c. ricotta part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 t. vanilla
1-2 pkts Splenda

You can add cocoa for flavor or substitute almond extract and add some almond slivers.

Teri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here