Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Foods To Eat Before and During Chemotherapy???

Posted by trudymom (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 18:46

I have heard that there are some certain foods that help the chemotherapy do its job. Do you know of any?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Foods To Eat Before and During Chemotherapy???

Well, no one has posted so I will. Not that I can help with your question. I am on chemo and will be going in for my third treatment tomorrow. Mine lasts 8 hours. I eat a special diet that I found in a book "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" by Dr. Patrick Quillan. He makes a compelling case for staying away from certain things like sugar and white flour. But there are many foods that are OK and many others that are not. You'd have to read about it because it isn't as simple as that. I don't know if it will help to be on this diet, but I know it can't hurt.

Good Luck

o

katalina, thank you for responding. I had never heard of that book, but I will get it. I will put you in my prayers.

Thank you.

o

i would check out 'one bite at a time' by rebecca katz. I'm sending all sorts of hope and healing in your direction and i wish you all of the best.

cheryl

o

I am currently having radiation treatments. My best wishes and prayers go out to you as your go through chemo.

My doctor recommended that I get 1 or 2 good books about nutrution and supplements. He has helped me work out a plan that I can live with and will meet my own requirments. My surgeon and 2 oncologists have approved my diet and supplements.

I have Dr. Quillan's book and "Challenge Cancer and Win" by Kim Dalzell. Dalzall's book has nutrition plans and info for specific cancers since they are not all the same.

I want offer you some insight shared with me by my surgeon who is also a cancer survivor. The rest of your life is about balance. You don't need to be 'an*l' about your nutrition and supplements but you do need to find the balance of nutrition, supplements, and exercise that will benefit you and your body the best. I have found the balance that works for me. This journey that the cancer started has been interesting and educational in so many different ways.

I would suggest that you try getting the books from your library or ordering them. I got mine from Amazon.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here