Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: urgent need for liquid diet recipes

Posted by
Kathy
(dusx4@aol.com) on
Sat, Sep 22, 01 at 14:20

Hello.
My 17 year old son just had jaw surgery and his teeth will be banded shut for 3 to 6 weeks. The Doc gave us a "cookbook" with some recipes in it. None of them appeal to my son......they sound gross to me as well. Anybody out there can help us???? Any recipes would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: urgent need for liquid diet recipes

Ya, blender:
get some protein powder from a health food store or excercise food store
READ the label. You can make delicious SMOOTHIES with 'product' recommended serving of protein powder, any fruit of choice, milk and BLEND, yogurt too.
You can even use peanut butter to throw in.
Tell you doctor you want a dietitician - immediately. They can help with balanced meals.
Can even try talking to a pharmacist for recommended supplements to put in these things.

SMOOTHIES are great - yogurt and fruit and water
Mashed potatoes and chili whipped into a drink with beef broth to thin out...
Try those lovely canned stews and blend them, chunky soups and add MASHED potatoe to them for the starch content.

Let me know if any of this helps.
Dessert can be ANY PUDDING MIX, thinned out a little with milk...
Green vegetables? Try another dinner shake with a creamy cheese sauce thinned with a little milk (recommend carnations canned 2 percent).

Think about when you were a kid...I loved hamburger, mashed potatoe, peas and ketchup. I would smash it all together on my plate before eating it.

If he is turned off by the LOOK, get some of those plastic cups with the straws that are solid colour so you can only taste and not see. The mind is funny sometimes.

I hope this helps. Strongly suggest a dietician, need protein with his meals.

Oh yeah, banana and peanut butter shakes are good to...

chocolate and raspberries/strawberries (fresh/frozen)

Let me know how it goes,
Peggy

o
RE: looking for: urgent need for liquid diet recipes

Also, check the thread: Looking For: Liquid diet for cancer patient....excellent ideas there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here