SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hagar_ont

RECIPE: Apple Cidar Vinegar Diet

hagar_ONT
21 years ago

I'm posting this again since weekly I get tons and tons of inquiries about the apple cidar vinegar diet.

Here is what I did and what is available to you.

I bought regular apple cidar vinegar from the grocery stone. It tastes nasty so I'm warning you in advance. To compensate for the unpleasant taste I mix one tablespoon of ACVinegar into a glass of warm apple juice. Measure in 2 tablespoons of honey.

You can also buy the tablets at the drug store if you think you can't manage the liquid, but the liquid works FASTER that tablets as the tablets have to dissolve in your system first.

Directions for usage.

TAKE WITH EACH MEAL-that's 3 times a day. It won't work unless you take it with food. Its designed to burn up the fat taking into the body's system with foot.

I then took the same drink with an evening snack. I did this and lost 10 pounds in the very first week. I continued to take the liquid until I lost a total of about 55-60 pounds.

Exercise

I'm not talking about going to the gym everyday and doing a workout. I just went for a walk everyday. Get out of your can and get moving...use your legs for what they were meant to do...

Health benefits

I felt better, dropped from size 22 to a size 12 in less than 6 months. I have an annual checkup and I'm 52 years old this year and look 40...so if you seriously want to get in shape try it. You have nothing to lose.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to know. I don't like to have to do the individual emails that keep coming in...sorry i just don't have the time to answer them..

Comments (89)

• 2461Chey
    12 years ago

How long will the vinegar and honey drink last to help us? Is there a way to "talk" to anyone else that is on this diet? I would like to keep in touch with someone that is posting on here more often than we get the messages -- my e-mail is lthjan@aol.com any of you wanting a support partner e-mail me!!

• Related Discussions

Vinegar For Hotsauce -

Q

Comments (7)
    the smoke flavor from the chipotle is likely going to hammer any subtle flavors from what ever vinegar you use, so I'd go with rice. White distilled vinegar might make it bitter. Other than that, I've had very good luck with Spectrum white wine vinegar, and they also put out a white balsamic thats very good with heat. But we live in a 'vinegar challenged' area and its hard to find much of anything.
    ...See More

Vinegar Pie? Crust or crustless? History?

Q

Comments (9)
    I had never heard of Vinegar Pie so this was an interesting search! Here is one explanation I found - and the rest of the site is pretty interesting too I will be watching this thread to see what others have to say. Alexa "This search is for my friend and third grade teacher, Wava, who will soon celebrate her 90th birthday. She remembers her mother making Vinegar Pie when she was a small girl and WavaâÂÂs grandmother made Vinegar Pie as a Kansas Pioneer, while living in a sod house in Western Kansas. Vinegar Pie was a pie that pioneers made in the winter when the dried fruits had been depleted. IâÂÂve included two Vinegar Pie recipes. The second Vinegar Pie recipe is very basic (the instructions are a bit vague) and probably more like what the pioneers made when supplies were low. The pie is suppose to have a rather fruity flavor. Click here to check out these Vinegar Pie recipes." Here is a link that might be useful: Old Recipe Detective
    ...See More

LOOKING for: honey, oil & vinegar

Q

Comments (15)
    To give credit where credit is due, the original HOV mixture came from a nutritionist by the name of Adelle Davis. Her books are from the 40's-60's. Google her or I made it easy go here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelle_Davis  The book it was in may have been "Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit" from 1954. I discovered her books in the early 70's. She was an early advocate of cutting out the processed foods and eating whole foods only and also she talked about how bad canned food were for you. She was WAY ahead of her time. Although the above proportions are not the original "recipe" as it was NOT equal portions but it was safflower oil, apple cider vinegar and honey. I do not remember the proportions, but you mixed up about a cup or so at a time and drink 1 tablespoon (?) or maybe 2 teaspoons before each meal. The reason for the oil is that on a diet, most people completely cut oils & fats out, but you need some oil in your diet, so this made up for it. The vinegar aids digestion. The honey was to make it palatable. And its supposed to cut your appetite.
    ...See More

Recipes with Apples - Entree or Side Dishes

Q

Comments (22)
    Pork chops, apples and potatoes. Fry the pork chops (thick ones or thin ones as you like) in a frying pan according to recent cookbooks (they don't dry out with the fast fry used in Joy of Cooking and they are a little pink in the center when they are done.) In the other fry pan, melt two pats of butter and some cooking oil. Add as many thinly slice potatoes as desired, unpeeled for more nutrition. Brown slightly and then cover the pan as they finish cooking to near tender over low heat. About 10 minutes before the potatoes are done, thinly slice 2 to 4 cored apples, top the potatoes in that frying pan with the apples, and sprinkle with 1/4 or more teaspoon of cinnamon. Turn the apples and potatoes frequently till the potatoes are tender and the apples are as tender as you like them to be. You can add more cinnamon to the potatoes when you turn them into the apples if you like. If you want the apples real soft, put them in with the potatoes earlier. That's dinner. Sometimes I sprinkle the porkchops with a little cinnamon just after I turn them too.
    ...See More
  • carolinarose711_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Dear Sarah, I remember my mother using this along with her friends.They were very happy withthe results. I was looking for someone who had resently started the diet. Being 64, it's a bit harder to get the wt. off and keep it off. I've been walking 30 min. every morning, exercising at least 30 min. And I ride my stationary bike. I seen to need a little something to help.I'm glad i found you because of you updated report.I would like to keep in contact with you about this, if you don't mind.I email is
    carolinarose711@yahoo.com God Bless...Carolyn :-)

• galejl2004_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just turned 60 and have been struggling to take some weight off, while on vacation a cousin shared with me about taking vinegar just to feel better but when I went to the Health Foods store the clerk told me how she had lost 75 lbs with it. So my husband and I started it last week but untill today I was unaware that we were to take it 3X a day just before we ate. So today we start it 3+ times a day. So I will come back and share how we do.

• roadmap45_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I had a recipe w/vinegar,apple juice,and grape juice.Cannot find amounts I need to mix,,,anyone know?Thanks karen

• maria_karabinas_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hello everyone! I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments about this diet. I just got back from visiting my parents in the midwest and my mother told me about the vinegar diet. She had a paperback book that she showed me about the diet. The book is called The Vinegar Diet by Emily Thacker. I plan to purchase a copy soon. I believe the proportion of vinegar and honey are two tsp. each before meals in water. I tried the drink today and it seems not too bad. Will start on the diet tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Maria

• mef67_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

O.K. I'm not one 2-b blogging or writing so here I go ! I hope this ACV diet works. I'm a big women at the age of 44yrs and weight 359 lbs . I go 2 the ymca 3x's a wk. It's time 2 buckel down. I'm on meds that I don't take like I should cause I don't like 2 take pills. But 2-day I'm going 2 start back on my meds and start this ACV diet ,so yall out there wish me luck, I'll report back weekly. I heard you should do this diet 4 -2wks then stop 4 a 1wk then start back so your body don't get use 2 it any 1 have any remarks on this ? Thanks yall ,sorry it was so long next time it will be a lot shorter, thanks mel

• truancyofficer_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just started the diet today. I need to lose 50 pounds. I work fulltime and have two childrdn that take up a lot of time. I try to work out 30 minutes everyday in the morning. I will let you know how it goes. I may br gross but I likd the drink. I used 2 tbs and 12 ounces of water at lunch and now I am too full to eat.
    CW 155
    GW 108

• Patti2011
    12 years ago

I started this diet last Wednesday and have lost 3 pounds. I mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey with 2-3 ounces of orange juice. It tastes better than mixing it with water. I also have not suffered from acid reflux since starting this. I don't know if this is a coinsidence or not but I had been nauseated every day for 4 weeks. Wish me luck!!!

• ambertheslowbrunette_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I started this diet a week ago. I work out for an hour 5-6 days a week and breastfeed twins. I drink 2-3 tbsp before each meal and have lost 10 pounds. I heard about it from a guy my dad works with who's lost over 60 lbs in a year span.

• Jacqueline_Andrew_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi ppl!
    Great to see this diets still around. I first heard n subscribed to a diet similar to this back in the early 90's...now I'm 38 hrs old n had 2 kids..both 4.5kg (10pounds). The diet I went on back then was vinegar, garlic n lemon... It worked but really, the garlic killed my breath... So glad to try out this one.... I'm a reg nurse, specialized in cardiac! Can tell u that I think the vinegar increases ur metabolism the natural way, so prob helps to increase fat burning too. But there is no other remedy to doing exercise so to those who are hoping there's a replacement...there isn't. I'm going to start this drink with exercise...and will let you know the outcome as I progress too.... Current wt I think I am is approx 63 kg! I'm only 155cm tall, n live in Australia... Good luck ladies!!

• botsnana_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi, m starting the diet this week, want to try it out and see if it really works!!!target weight loss is 40, do we necessarily have to use honey, and what are the side effects?

• 2461Chey
    12 years ago

Keep posting -- love to hear everyones results and different ways they do the diet...I have done good
    I have been off the diet for about a month because
    other health problems, but I managed to not gain
    any wt. back -- back on diet and hoping to really
    get more results...any one with new ideals to work
    with the diet please post and good luck to all.

• klo1
    12 years ago

@ Karen: The recipe I have for this with grape juice is called "Jogging in a Jar."
    1/2 gallon apple juice
    1 quart white grape juice
    6 oz. raw unpasteurized vinegar
    1/2 cup honey

Mix together and store in the fridge. Drink 2 oz. (1/2 cup) every day.

• roserperry_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Am going on this for two weeks.

• Delia-romero_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi everyone i just started this diet today i want to loose at least 40 lbs. I did this diet bout 10 yrs ago but did 1tsp of straight vinegar befor each meal. I lost bout 20 lbs. I have 3 kids work a full tome job and also going to schooland dont have much time for the gym. I just want to be healthier 4 my children and also myself

• Carol324
    12 years ago

just started today. trying to lose 10lbs. i mixed 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper with 2 tablespoons of ACV and 12 ounces water. drank it in one sitting. it's been about 10 minutes now and i feel like I'm going to throw up. trying to keep it down. is that a normal feeling?
    anyhoo, we'll see how this works....

• Gracecreates
    12 years ago

I also read the book Folk Medicine when I was a young teenager. I take apple cider vinigar with honey in raspberry tea every time I feel a cold coming on. Gave the same thing to my kids and we all had a lot less colds. I buy the best vinigar I can find and even give a little to my dog. Less flea's. This is just a good healthy thing to include in our diet. I'm not overweight and eat a lot

• ggmcarol4gc
    12 years ago

Today I am going to try this diet. I hope it works because I have tried everything to lose weight. I am not very mobile,but, I will get back in about a week with a more positive message. :-) hopefully.

• sunnieehigh
    12 years ago

Hi I'm 22 and iv'e gained weight from stress and it's been so hard to shed the pounds off so I'm starting my ACV diet 2mar 12/08/11 I tried it before but the taste was so nasty. So now that I'm reading these post i'll try it with juice but I really don't like apple juice so is there another juice I can take with it?.. If not i'll have to suck it up and drink the apple juice I just wanna lose the weight to feel better about my self... so I wish everybody luck and my self luck too :)

• 2461Chey
    12 years ago

sunnieehigh, I just mix 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of vingar in warm water and drink it -- I also do not like apple juice, some different vingars taste better than others so try different kinds...my hardest thing is to drink it 20 min.s before eating .(does anyone know if that really matters?) thanks for posting

• sunnieehigh
    12 years ago

I've tasted the water and vinegar it's so nasty... but i'll try with honey... but when do I drink it while I'm eating or before?

• 2461Chey
    12 years ago

You drink the vinegar & honey before you eat..some say 20 min.s before but I think 5 min.s would be soon enough!

• chunkie06
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited I'm going to start tomorrow. I hope it works I'm going to Florida in 3 months. My only problem is I bought acv from grocery store and it's not unfiltered does any one know if that matters.

• 66fat
    11 years ago

I too am beginning this vinegar diet. I began Monday 4/30/12 and I feel I have lost some weight. I did weigh yesterday and my mistake was not weighing before starting, but I had just came from the doctor and I knew something had to be done. I have tried just about every diet that can be imagined and no luck. I am just miserable and I know loosing weight would help so many issues. Being 66 years old is not an easy task. Seem to be healthy with a little back issue but other than those problems I am ready to go. Wish me luck.

• Trynalooseit
    11 years ago

Hi I have been on the ac diet for 5 days! I have not seen any results at all not even a lb. I am not giving up bc its too early to tell. But I am woundering if im doin it right. I take 2 teaspoons of str8 ac vinegar b4 meals no mixing of water or anything bc I actually like the taste of vinegar. Does it only work when mixed with water? I can really use some help on this. I am 28 n weight 280 lbs. Which is very uncomfortable for me. I hope to get a reply

• Paris195
    11 years ago

I've.been taking 3 tbls of white vinegar 20 mins before each meal. Will that help me to lose weight of should I follow the ACV dier recipe?
    Help!

• AussieRob
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Im new to here. I was interested to hear what you all had to say about the ACV diet. Well done to all of you that have got such wonderful results already. I do hope you all keep it up as it will be worth it.
    I have been on diets before on got weight off but put it back on once i stopped like some of you suggested and on others i got so far and stopped losing weight too.
    I have a bulging disc in my back so have to get very respectful of myself and get rid of the weight now.
    Someone asked about haitus hernia problems. I havent had any problems so far.
    I have been using ACV now for a few weeks but have only been taking one dose of 2 teaspoons of ACV in grape juice once a day. Even with this small dose i cannot believe the health changes it has brought on. I have a clearer chest and vision. My large tummy is shrinking, i have more energy too.
    I also put 2 tablespoons of ACV in my bath water and settle in for a long soak. Now all those odd little itchy spots have disappeared and by letting the water in my ears the serious eczema itch i had in there has gone away too. For those who care about how their hair looks, the ACV in the bath hasnt harmed my hair at all and in fact it is now much softer and just feels great.
    Someone asked about trips to the toilet. If anything my trips have decreased and to keep the tone in the toilet, movements are changing to what i remember they should be from younger days.
    Good luck folks and dont let the weight win!

• echom
    11 years ago

I am starting this tomorrow. I have some vinegar and honey so here goes.

My Mother and I did a vinegar diet when I was in my late 20's. It consisted of vinegar, honey, lesathin (sp) oil all mixed, vitamin B12 complex and Kelp tablets. We both did very well on this. I have looked for anyone who might know of this form of the vinegar diet to no avail. I can't remember the measurements of the liquids. If anyone else does I would be grateful.

• tcaper
    11 years ago

I'm attempting this diet as of today and let me just say the taste is Absolutely horrible most disgusting thing I've ever drank ugggghhh hopefully by next Monday I c a difference fingers crossed

• Christinaa01
    11 years ago

Ive started this 3 days ago, with 1 tablespoon of acv for 8oz of water. The taste was so horrible, so today i did 3 glasses with apple juice and didnt use 8 oz i used about 5oz per 1 tablespoon of acv, & it was better than the water. Does using apple juice opposed to water make a difference?

• Beannie56
    11 years ago

Well, after reading the previous posts on ACV, I have decided that I will try this today, providing I do have the ACV at here at home,, that is...lol

I want to lose 40 lbs in total. I will be posting my updates weekly.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to join me and keep me accountable....I welcome them.

Thanks.

• sammiw
    11 years ago

well, its been a month, so how are you and the diet coming along? good i hope :)

• PageListOrg
    10 years ago

Just drank my first glass today. EW! I added so much mio to the concoction to cover the taste. I will definitely buy some apple juice tonight to see if that works better. Anyway, I used 2 tsp. Braggs apple cider and 2 tsp. honey I bought from Amish mixed in with a glass of water. I will let you all know if this works for me. I have so much weight I have to shed from having my last child. It hasn't been easy like it was with my first especially now that I am older. This will be interesting to see. :)

• HarleyMama
    10 years ago

I mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in about 8-12 ounces of regular or spicy V-8. Seems to mask the taste enough to make palatable. At least it doesn't gag me now LOL.

• brose_52
    10 years ago

I am starting this diet today I mixed 3 tbls honey with 3 tbls vinegar into a quart of cold water to make it more convenient. i plan to drink 1 glass with each meal. Is this the correct way to do this i want to lose 15 to 20 pounds

• dreamgarden
    10 years ago

Apple cider vinegar helps lots of things.

A link that might be useful:

voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2008/11/the_cider_vinegar_heartburn_cu.html

• thehappycat
    10 years ago

I started on Monday and it is now Thursday and I have lost 1.4 pounds on ACVinegar and honey diet. Have not really changed the way I eat yet.

• bsusieq
    9 years ago

I started this diet today, 7-28-14. I mixed 2 TB spoons ACV + 2 TB spoons honey + 1/2 c water. I drank it thru a straw, not too bad. I'll keep you posted.

• debbie_7
    9 years ago

Hi. I'm confused about amt of vinegar to honey and how much water.
    How many doses of how much a day? I have got to lose 35-40 pounds ASAP! Please help ! Thank you!

• elleau
    9 years ago

I had been coughing harshly last year for 3 months and even contracted colds. That's the first time I had those for 3-month long. I drank cough syrups and tablets to ease them just like I usually do. In my surprise, it still persisted. My sister advised me to drink apple cider vinegar (with the 'mother') diluted with water and pour 2 tbsp. of honey...and it worked!

I researched a lot about ACV and found out that it gives a lot of benefits for optimal well-being. Since then, I have been drinking ACV with organic honey daily and never felt sick.

Just a reminder, in choosing your ACV choice, select the raw and unfiltered one and with the label "With the Mother" (this is a strand-like appearance that plays a major role in giving you a healthy body).

• lfosterp85
    9 years ago

Is anyone still doing this ACV/Honey diet?

• ndaenda26
    9 years ago

I have started the ACV /honey diet on friday 13/02 using grape fruit juice instead of water. I will report progress after a week.

• cmcginnis08
    8 years ago

Today is 8/16/15. Started this today, first drink before lunch. One TBS vinegar with ice cold water. I stirred before and it wasn't bad. I'm determined to give this a try!!

• cmcginnis08
    8 years ago

I stirred before each drink

• stumartineau
    8 years ago

I have just read many of the favorable comments you all have made about the vinegar diet. I am a 74 year old male with a history of heart disease including bypass surgery. I am on a number of blood pressure, heart meds. and cholesterol lowering drugs, and have been for a long time. I will check with my cardiologist soon to get his opinion. It seems exciting and an easy way to lose weight. I could lose 50 lbs to get to my normal recommended weight. Congrats to all of you that have seen success with this program! I hope to join in with some good news soon!

• Katie Guillory
    8 years ago

Hi guys!
    I'm 18, and I've struggled with weight all my life. I stumbled across this on youtube, and googled, and found this page. Needless to say, I'll be starting this tomorrow. I have tried clean eating, hour workouts 6 days a week, along with aerobics that I was doing at school at the time. I only lost 6 pounds.. maybe.

I'm hopeful this will work. My physical therapist's husband had suggested I take a shot of ACV before every meal to help with acid reflux, and it will help with a lot of other things. I have many health problems, so I'm hoping this will help improve my quality of living. I will try to post regularly, if anyone comes across this and wants to see any results.

My current weight is 238 pounds. I want to get into the 100's. All of my doctors tell me to lose weight, but never understand that I've tried. So I'm giving this one a try!

• Trisha Walker
    8 years ago

I am from Marshall County Alabama I am 190pounds I have tryed several diets not one has worked does this plain really work or is this a bs someone please messages me back and let me know

• magrace62
    7 years ago

Mary G. As ya young girl I was often given apple cider vinegar...homemade of course for many things. I had totally forgotten about it's ability to help with so many health issues. I am no 76 and weigh entirely to much. I actually like the taste of vinegar because we used it so much when I was a kid so I acquired a taste for it like dill pickles and summer beet or cuke pickle. I will try to remember to get on here weekly and let others know how this is working for me...when you get older it is harder I think to lose. For accountability sake today I weigh 197.00. And just as a comparison sake; I have been on weight watchers for 3 weeks and gained 14 pounds!

• magrace62
    7 years ago

Trisha...read my opening comment just below yours and if you follow me I will be honest and letting everyone know. The hard part for me will be getting the 30 minutes in right now, (I have bad hips and am home with pneumonia) but I am splitting it up in to 3, 10 minutes walking beside my chair while watching TV...it will go faster and not hurt my hips. When I get well I will be back at the YMCA here where I live and I do my walking in the pool...just as much good for body but no more harm to hips, knees and ankles. Godspeed to us both and others who really put the effort into this.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!