Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: looking for: info about casein...

Posted by
Libby
(l.card@mailbox.au) on
Sun, Sep 23, 01 at 4:08

Hello All,

Does anyone know whether low-fat/no-fat milk contains the same amount of casein as whole milk. The milk protein is separate from the fatty part, right??? or not...

Thanks ~~ Libby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: looking for: info about casein...

You're right... casien is the milk protein and it is not contained in the fat... so far as I know, anyway.

o

You can switch to Soya milk which is safe. You can also use is instead of cow milk in most of the recipes. Both of my grandchilden are alergic to casein in cow milk since they were born. They were both breast fed till they were year old, but if their mother drank cow milk they had allergy reaction just as same. From the second day after their birth they were showing reaction by having red rash on cheek, later on both cheeks and on their chin. These were only visible reactions, who knows if poor babies suffered. We only figured it out when older one was one year old and we took her for overseas visit. There was no question anymore what was the culprit. With younger one we knew right from his birth. My daughter had problems with bad complexion since the puberty and when she stopped using dairy products because of the babies, her complection cleared up just great. I wish more people would be aware of this and be more observant in this aspect.

o

Casein is in the milk and therefore in all cow products. Cheeses with milk of the cow contain as well casein.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here