Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Eggless Cake

Posted by
LeanneG
(leanne@transwestair.com) on
Wed, Aug 29, 01 at 23:42

Hi,

Does anyone have a GOOD EGGLESS cake recipe? (Prefer white or yellow) Thank you in advance...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Eggless Cake

The Nestle Cocoa box has a recipe on the back for "perfect chocolate cake". I followed the recipe, except I subsituted apple sauce for shortening, and didn't add eggs. It came out perfect! Almost healthy, too.

o

My son has an allergy to egg, so I found this wonderful chocolate cake recipe, after time and a bit of testing, you can make a few different cakes.
1 packet Chocolate cake mix.
1 packet Instant chocolate pudding mix. (not the self-saucings pudding mix)
1 1/2 cups milk.
Mix all together using an electric mixer, Bake in a 20cm cake tin, at 180*C for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer come out clean.
VARIATIONS
Use vanilla packet mixes.
Use vanilla cake mix and strawberry pudding mix.
Use vanilla or chocolate packet mixes and add a Banana or 125g choc chips. (Reduce Milk by 1/2 cup)
The whole family loves it, I have to make it once a week.

o

Lots here. Click on "CAKE" and then scroll down to "White Cake"

Here is a link that might be useful: VEGAN CAKES

o

Try using "EnerG egg replacer" for the eggs in receipes. It contains no eggs, has 0 fat, 0 cholesterol and 5 mg. sodium. A box seams high but is not because it makes alot of eggs. I calculated it out one time and decided you saved alot by buying this product. It is in the health and diet sections at some grocery stores and at health food stores.
To cut your receipe further, use "featherweight baking powder" (no sodium) and "EnerG Baking Soda" (no sodium) and use fruit purees for the oil in receipes.

o

I cook and bake eggless! For an eggless cake with frosting email me!
Regards

Here is a link that might be useful: Classic Webpage

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here