Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Need to lower my cholesterol without losing weight

Posted by karen229 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 01 at 10:25

I just found out I have high cholesterol. I am not overweight, if anything a little underweight. Any suggestions on how to lower my cholesterol but at the same time maintaining my weight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Need to lower my cholesterol without losing weight

I weigh 270 pounds and have a cholestrol level of 138. My LDL is within normal range. My LDLs were high and my cholestrol was over 200. I also had irritable bowel syndrome. For the bowel syndrome, I began eating a LARGE (I cup dry, 2 cups water) bowl of oatmeal every evening. My doctor attributes the drop in cholestrol to my steady diet of oatmeal.

o

jkrall - Thanks for the info on oatmeal. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal cereal, so I'm trying oat bran muffins (recipe is on the oat bran box). I read that if you eat 3 of them a day it will help with cholesterol. So far I'm eating 2 a day and will work up to the third one soon. Actually they're not too bad if you mix in blueberries, just very filling.

o

Use Olive Oel instead of other Oels.
You can make Choclate/Oatmeal cookies since you don't have to worry about your Weight.

o

You could take 3-4 tablespoons "LECITHIN" a day. It really works. You can buy the granules at a health food store. My husband once had 250 count and in 3 months it was down to 170 by taking this. It can tolerated in tomotato juice. You MUST take this much to make it work. It is a food from the soy family. Completely safe to take. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here