Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: re: advice for a diabetic neighbor

Posted by IBDUN_MOVIN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 02 at 9:27

Hello everybody,

I just wandered on to your site and here is my question. I have a wonderful neighbor who is a diabetic. She regularly brings me vegetables from her garden. In return, I bake home made bread. She says she doesn't eat the bread because she is diabetic but her brother does and loves it.

Can you give me some suggestions of something I might make that she would enjoy and be able to eat without repercussions? Thanks > Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: re: advice for a diabetic neighbor

Hi

I don't know why your neighbour does not eat bread. Starches are allowed on a diabetic diet as well as some sugar. Maybe she is replacing the carbs in the bread with something else.

I think if you look further down on this forum you will see lots of diabetic recipes. You can also make her something but use Splenda instead of sugar.

My mom was a diabetic on insulin and there was nothing she could not eat. Most diabetic diets count carbs so even sugar or candy was allowed in her diet.

If you can't find anything suitable email me back from My Page at the top of the screen and I will look in my Diabetic cookbooks for you.

Anne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here