Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Sugar Free Cake

Posted by
Evelyn Baldwin
(bullet@modempool.com) on
Sat, Jul 7, 01 at 18:18

My parents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary next April. Mom is not only diabetic, but has heart problems, and kidney problems, not to mention high blood pressure. My husband is a very good cake baker and decorator, and we are looking for some sugar-free recipes he might be able to make and decorate for this special occassion. If you have any recipes or ideas, we would really appreciate you sending your recipes to the following email:
bullet@modempool.com
Thank You, for any help you can give us. We not only want to make this nice for Mom and Dad, but for the many relatives who are diabetic, and will be attending the Open House.

Mike and EV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Sugar Free Cake

Carrot Cake
6 egg whites or 1 cup egg substitute
1 cup apple juice concentrate
2/3 cup canola or safflower oil
1/4 cup water
3 cups unbleached white flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon lite (or regular) salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups raisins
2 cups carrots (4-6 medium)

Cream Cheese Icing
1 1/2 cups light cream cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons margarine, softened
16 packets Equal (16 grams NutraSweet; each packet equaling sweetness of 2 teaspoons sugar)
2 teaspoons vanilla
0-2 Tablespoons 1% milk to thin frosting

Full recipes at http://www.teleport.com/~jbdubois/carrot_cake.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: Sugar-free wedding cake

o

Evelyn -- Please see response to earlier post about "skinny foods" for a pumpkin cake recipe. [Recipe says "bars" but i put the batter in 2 square pyrex dishes and will put it in tube pan next time].
I don't see why you couldn't make the same substitutions in the carrot cake recipe. I question the 1 cup of apple juice CONCENTRATE in the carrot cake and would sub apple JUICE.
chery-va

o

I'm on a sugar-free diet and I've found that stewed apples and apple juice make wonderful additives to sweeten my baking. I do not use concentrates - the normal juice is sweet enough. Bake the cake as normal but use sweet apple juice instead of the liquid in the recipe, and add cinnamon, spices, vanilla essence and dried fruit of your choice to add extra flavour to the recipe.

I'll post my recipe for sugar-free stewed apple cake seperately.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here