Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Diabetes

Posted by
Golda
(preschool_teacher@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Jul 11, 01 at 14:52

My mom was just diagnosed with diabetes and is overwhelmed. She doesn't know where to begin to locate EZ recipes, etc. Can anyone post some tried and true recipes - my mom and dad like basic foods. THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Diabetes

Have her cook and bake as always,just tell her to stop using Sugar and use Nutrasweet and check while shopping anything that ends with ose on the Label is a no no.She can bake using frozen white Grape juice instead of Sugar.
To her Diabetes means not eating anymore instead it means eating all day long but small amounts so the SugarLevel doesn't bounce all over the Place.

o

The above poster is right. If she can, have her see a dietician who can help her and will explain what things she can eat. She will be surprised. If she needs support, she can come back here. There will always be someone to listen.

o

Contact the American Diabetes Assoc. They have a free catalog they will send to anyone, it contains great cookbooks and exchange list booklets that are relatively inexpensive. One series is called "A Month of Meals" with 5 different cookbooks. Mine is "Month of Meals-Classic Cooking", but they also have "Meals on the Go", "Old-Time Favorites" and many others. My sister's mother-in-law battled for years to keep her sugar under control "on her own". Then her doctor recommended she get some of these cookbooks and her sugar was 120 the first time he tested her after she began using them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here