Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Glycemic Index ('The Glucose Revolution')

Posted by
Cookie
(loufamaine@aol.com) on
Sun, Jul 8, 01 at 11:33

Has anyone read this book by Jean Carper? What is your opinion on the glycemic index and how it works? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Glycemic Index ('The Glucose Revolution')

I have not read the book, but have followed the glycemic index for about 8 yrs. now, and my blood sugar is in excellent control by diet alone. Jean Carper also has a lot of valuable info in her other books.

o

You can get the Glycemic Indes of foods on a search engine. Using that has helped me keep diabetes in excellent control for 5 yrs.

o

I've been following SUGAR BUSTERS for almost 1 1/2 years now, reached my goal weight on June 10th, 2001, lost 70lbs. I truly believe, for me, that going low GI was the best thing I could of ever done, not only do I pay attention to low GI foods, but cutting out all the sugars and refined foods made a big impact on the way I felt. I'm in better shape at (almost) 40 than I was in elementary school.

I just picked up the GLUCOSE REVOLUTION LIFE PLAN, but haven't had the chance to read it yet.

If you need any recipes, we have some great ones posted on our SB SUPPORT BOARDS, the link is below!

GOOD LUCK!

Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: SUGAR BUSTERS SUPPORT BOARDS on the 3FC'S SITE

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here