Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Smoothie Recipes-Fruit Juice to Sweeten?

Posted by Rob333 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 03 at 13:33

Anyone know a good smoothie recipe that uses fruit, yogurt and ice (no Splenda, Aspartame, honey, etc.)?

I never eat breakfast because I can't find anything I like that doesn't take an extra hour to make. I like the new fruit smoothie things on the market, but they are full of sugar. One brand has 50g of sugar! I feel terrible after all that sugar, but I think I if I modified them, it would be a good thing for me.

If I could find a recipe that used fruit to sweeten them, I could eat more often and speed up my metabolism and be less likely to eat the vending machine junk.

Please help? Thanks!

-Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Smoothie Recipes-Fruit Juice to Sweeten?

Can you tolerate fruit juice? I often make smoothies with apple or orange juice as part of the liquid. For fruit I usually use frozen strawberries and bananas, then also some yogurt.

o

Would you consider using fructose? It is a natural sugar, you use much less than table sugar and there is no aftertaste. Or apple juice concentrate. Either in small amounts should give you the sweetness that you want.
RL

o

My 11 year old daughter had to have her mouth wired shut for a month after a car accident. We made lots of smoothies and the one we liked the best was just this:

Orange juice
frozen Strawberries
frozen Bananas

We peeled the bananas and froze them whole and bought pre-frozen strawberries. You could add yogurt if you wanted to.

~P

o

I always freeze fresh bananas, strawberries and blackberries. In addition to the recipes listed I like frozen blackberries and diluted cranberry juice. I find if I use regular strength it is a little to overpowering. I dilute with a few ice cubes, into which I've frozen blackberries. But I still put more blackberries in.

I also like to freeze left over coffee in icecycle trays to make my own granditas. Try this sometime with not only frozen coffee but a few of those frozen blackberry ice cubes. Yum

Alexis

o

I put any very ripe bananas in the freezer for just such a time as this. any combination of banana, blueberries, strawberries-(any berry), (actually any fruit you like), add a cup of flavored or unflavored yogurt in a blender for a few seconds makes a great smoothie. The frozen banana takes the place of ice and it becomes nice and thick.

I suppose I would not use any melons because of the consistancy!!

I also really enjoy putting 3 tablespoons steelecut (uncooked) oatmeal in a container of yogurt-any flavor- let it set overnight, and eat for breakfast. It's chewy enough to be satisfying and so yummy.-provides good fiber, too.

o

Bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here