Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Hi - New here..................

Posted by Pattico1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 01 at 0:13

Hi my name is Patti I am new to diabetes and am looking for some good things to eat that fit into a diabetic diet. Do any of you have any good ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Hi - New here..................

I am an insulin-dependent diabetic myself. There are literally thousands of recipes on the web as well as many good sites which can give you valuable information to supplement what you may have already received from your doctor or diabetician. One which is very valuable is the American Diabetes Association site, for which I am providing the link. Also you can go to google.com and type it "sugar free recipes" and "diabetic recipes" and you will get oodles of recipes.
Please note, however, that all recipes must fit into your food exchange plan, so those recipes that are just billed "diabetic" and have no exhanges turn out to be pretty useless unless you know how to do the calculations yourself, which I find rather difficult. I am always amazed at people who post diabetic recipes without exchange information.
There are also several diabetes forums which offer support and information exchange. Feel free to email me if you want additional information.
I wish you good luck with your new diet. If you acquire good habits now for managing diabetes you can be successful in avoiding a whole bunch of complications down the road. This is one disease in which you yourself can have a direct beneficial impact by controlling your sugar levels through diet, exercise and/or medication.
And a hearty and warm welcome to THS!

Here is a link that might be useful: ADA

o
RE: RECIPE: Hi - New here..................

Please send me a Weight Watchers Newsletter.
Send me any info about recipes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here