Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Hunza diet bread recipe............

Posted by
Rodney Steverson
(steverson@alltel.net) on
Mon, May 14, 01 at 18:54

I am looking for the recipe of the Hunza diet bread.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Hunza diet bread recipe............

I received an unsolicited e-mail advising of the benefits of the Hunza Bread Diet. Instead of sending $7, I searched for info on the net. I found the recipe at:

http://www.breadrecipe.com/AZ/HnzBrdII.asp

I also found some info that it was a "diet scam". I'm always looking for new bread recipes, so I will probably try it - but as a diet, it sounds like a lot of bread to eat each day. Good luck.

o

This is from another post here. It was copied from another website.

HUNZA DIET BREAD RECIPE
Hunza Diet Bread is a delicious, dense, chewy bread that's very
nutritious and is almost impervious to spoilage. The following recipe
makes a huge batch of approximately 60 (sixty) x 2 inch squares, high in
protein, vitamins and minerals.
Keeps weeks at room temperature, even longer in the fridge and
indefinitely in the freezer. The recipe for this wonderful bread is as
follows: -

* 4 cups of water
* 3.5 (three & one half) to 4 pounds of natural buckwheat or millet
flour
* 1.5 (one & one half) cups of canola oil
* 1.5 (one & one half) cups of natural unrefined sugar
* 16 ounces of honey
* 16 ounces of molasses
* 4 ounces of powdered soya milk (half cup)
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons baking powder (non aluminium)

Hunza Diet Bread has a taste that is very satisfying and chewy all on
its own, but you may also add if required, apricots, raisins, chopped
walnuts, almonds, sliced dates to the above ingredients. Mix
ingredients. Grease and lightly flour cooking pan(s). Ideally use baking
trays with about 1 inch high sides. Pour batter in pan(s) half an inch
thick over the base. Bake at about 300 degrees farenheit (150 C.) for 1
hour. After cooking, dry the bread in the oven for two (2) hours at a
very low heat - 90 degrees farenheit (50 C). After it is cooled tip out
and cut into approx 2 inch x 2 inch squares. Store it wrapped in cloth
in a container.
You may need to repeat the baking depending on the size of your baking
pan, and oven, until all the mixture has been used.
Hunza Diet Bread is made from natural buckwheat or millet flour. It is
rich in phosphorous, potassium, iron, calcium, manganese and other
minerals, as nothing has been destroyed in the preparation from the
wheat. Thus it contains the essential nourishment of the grain. This is
why you must ONLY use natural buckwheat or millet flour to make your own
Hunza Diet Bread..... Good luck and good health .. bon appetite :-)
Suggestions to lose weight with HUNZA DIET BREAD There are many ways to
do it. This is another benefit. It's flexible. Here are some typical
plans. Each piece of bread is thinly spread with butter for a total of
approximately 100 calories.
Plan A: Eat 1 piece every 5 hours of the 16 hours you're awake. That's 3
pieces which total 300 calories. This is the fastest way to lose weight
I know of. It works faster than any high protein diet. Why? You have
more energy and burn more calories. Second, the high fiber bread keeps
your digestive system regular. Third, your body stays healthy. A healthy
body means a properly functioning metabolic system.
Plan B: Really gorge yourself with the bread. Two pieces every four
hours for a total of 8 pieces but only 800 calories. You'll feel full
all day. In fact, I doubt many people could eat this much of the bread.
Plan C: Eat a piece in the morning for breakfast and a piece 3 hours
before your dinner and you will eat a great deal less.
Plan D: Eat a piece of HUNZA DIET BREAD, 10 minutes before you eat your
regular meal. When we do this we eat only a fraction, such as 1/4 of
what we would normally eat. If we wait longer than 10 minutes we don't
want to eat at all.
Plan E: Eat the bread at the end of meals that don't fill you up enough,
such as low calorie meals. This is a perfect way to use the bread. You
eat a low calorie meal, enjoy it, then eat a piece or two of bread to
fill you up. Perfect! No suffering and no urge to snack.
Plan F: Alternate Plan A, B, C, D. We recommend an alternation of the plans, but some people who just want to get the weight off as soon as possible will use Plan A exclusively.

o

I bought all the ingredients!! made 1/2 recipe. I wonder where I went wrong?? It is SOOO sweet, how can this be called diet bread with honey, molasses, sugar? I used millet flour and did add walnuts and dates, wish I had cut down adding the sugar, any comments that would help me? It sounded so good, wonder what I did wrong? and all those special ingredients I bought!

o

Mine didn't seem all that sweet. I didn't add any extra fruit, though. I guess you could cut the honey and molasses each by half. I talked to my nutritionist about the recipe, and she said it was a good one.

I guess I'm lucky, the only thing I didn't have was the honey, which I usually don't use, and I was out of millet flour and had to go get more.

The honey, sugar and molasses are for energy, and without them you would get hungry really fast after eating some. I personally think they are the "secret" to the appetite suppressing ability. It doesn't work as well for me as it does some other people I've been in touch with, but like any diet thing, it isn't the same for everybody.

Keep trying with it, it took a while for it to start working for me. Good luck!!!

o
Hunza Diet Bread

I found this recipe very filling and I think it does work, it does not address the physiological problem of eating whether you are hungry or not.That you must work on mentally I guess.

o

I wondered about all that sugar, (honey and molasses) sounds awfully sweet to me. Glad I found your comments. I think I will try it but will cut the sugary stuff down by quite a bit. Thanks!

o

How important is the canola oil? I've heard some real bad stories about canola oil and won't use it anymore.

o

The canola oil is important to the recipe.

This was the answer to the same concern about canola oil, from a website that I get sent to Disney for trying to post. The canola oil story is a HOAX!! And that's all there is to it. Any "warnings" from an e-mail are 99 percent certain to be lies and hoaxes. Don't buy into it.

"What we have here is a bit of truth about a product's family
history worked into a hysterical screed against the product itself.
There is no earthly reason to give any credence to this rumor -- Canola oil is not the horrifying product this widely-disseminated e-mail makes it out to be, nor has the FDA turned loose on the American public a health scourge worthy of being named one of the Four Horsemen of the
Apocalypse.

An appreciation of what this scare is based upon begins with a better understanding of what canola oil and how it came into being.

The rape plant (Brassica napus) is a member of the mustard family, as claimed in the e-mail. However, before associations between rape and mustard gas set in too strongly, it should be noted turnip, cabbage, watercress, horseradish, and radish are also members of this family of
plants.

Rapeseed oil has been used for cooking for centuries in Europe, India, China, and Japan. As modern science is finding out, its previous use wasn't necessarily a guarantee of safety. Cooking at high temperatures with unrefined rapeseed oil now appears to be related to an increased risk of lung cancer because at high temperatures cooking oil gives off chemicals capable of causing mutations in cells. Unrefined rapeseed oil is particularly notable for this, but other oils also have this association. Those intent upon doing large amounts of wok cooking with any sort of cooking oil should therefore lower their frying temperature from the 240C to 280C called for in Chinese cooking to 180C.

Rapeseed oil naturally contains a high percentage (30-60%) of erucic acid, a substance associated with heart lesions in laboratory animals.
For this reason rapeseed oil was not used for consumption in the United States prior to 1974, although it was used in other countries. (Americans chose to use it as a lubricant to maintain Allied naval and merchant ships during World War II.)

In 1974, rapeseed varieties with a low erucic content were introduced. Scientists had found a way to replace almost all of rapeseed's erucic acid with oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fatty acid. (This change was accomplished through the cross-breeding of plants, not by the techniques commonly referred to as "genetic engineering.") By 1978, all
Canadian rapeseed produced for food use contained less than 2% erucic acid. The Canadian seed oil industry rechristened the product "canola oil" (Canadian oil) in 1978 in an attempt to distance the product from negative associations with the word "rape." Canola was introduced to
American consumers in 1986. By 1990, erucic acid levels in canola oil ranged from 0.5% to 1.0%, in compliance with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards.

This light, tasteless oil's popularity is due to the structure of its fats. It is lower in saturated fat (about 6%) than any other oil.
Compare this to the high saturated fat content of peanut oil (about 18%) and palm oil (at an incredibly high 79%). It also contains more cholesterol-balancing monounsaturated fat than any oil except olive oil and has the distinction of containing Omega-3 fatty acids, a polyunsaturated fat reputed to not only lower both cholesterol and triglycerides, but also to contribute to brain growth and development.

In other words, it's a healthy oil. One shouldn't feel afraid to use it because of some Internet scare loosely based on half-truths and outright lies."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here