Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: honey, oil & vinegar

Posted by
Robin Beaumont
(robin@beaumont.as) on
Wed, May 30, 01 at 9:21

I used to take a mixture of honey, oil and apple cider vinegar as an appetite suppressant, but I have forgotten the appropriate proportions of the ingredients. Ring any bells?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: honey, oil & vinegar

Try looking in the Health Forum. They are always talking about some apple cider vinegar diet. I don't think you need the oil.

o

What I have read somewhere may be different from what you used to take. You may try this:
To a glass of water add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. For flavor add a little honey. Take one glass a day.

o

Here is one resource I found:

http://www.sjvls.lib.ca.us/sjvls/bens/public.html

I have not yet had my local library check for a copy of the September, 1979 Cosmopolitan Magazine nor have I asked them to request a copy through the San Joaquin Valley Library System. But I am old enough to remember Cosmo did publish as tasty HOV diet.

Good Luck!

o

Instead of an appetite suppressant why not eat lots of whole grains like whole barley, brown rice, whole rye or wheatberries, beans and veggies. Eat all you want just dont add oils and sugars. Eat whole wheat pastas and whole wheat breads. Meats are 'fat'. You will not be hungry eating this way

o

I use unfiltered vinegar with honey to taste. If I were to add an oil ,it would be , unfiltered extra vergin olive oil.
Made with hot water in the morning it makes a good drink to start the day with.

o

Hi I was hoping to find that recipe myself. To the other posters, you didn't understand the original post. In the 70s there was a HOV diet that was actually a book that several magazine articles were written from. It is not the same as the apple cider diet. The idea was that the combination (in the right proportions) of honey, oil and vinegar aided in weight loss by combining cleansing, appetite suppression and something else that I forgot. :-) the proportions were supposed to be important. If I find it, I will repost. It's odd that with so much information on the internet that HOV is so hard to find.

o

Try a different search engine (yahoo, altavista, ask)and/or try using the words in quotes or with + between them.

o

Did anyone find the recipe? Sure would like to give it a try.

o

Hi, I have that boo0k, 'The Easy low-cost way to Total Beauty' by Lelord Kordel, 1979.
The recipe is as follows:
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons safflower oil
2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar(must be apple-cider vinegar)

Mix well, take three times daily , 1/2 hour before each meal.

o

I have the revised version of the HOV (Honey,Oil & Vinegar)from Ebay. The original formula you have is good;but, I lost weight much faster and easier with instructions from the book HOV- The Supermodels Complete Honey, Oil and Vinegar Diet. There are four versions including one for those who can't have any type of sugar. They are not the ones with Olive oil in it. Hope this helps Ladies!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here