1 cup coconut
3 cups quick cooking oats

Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth (with mixer or food processor). Mix
in
coconut and oats until well combined.

Place wax paper on a cookie sheet. By teaspoonfuls or tablespoonfuls,
roll
into balls and place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour. Store in
refrigerator. Quantity varies depending on size of cookies.

* some margarines can be cooked with and some can't so use what is
available
in your area that can be used for cooking. If you are preparing these
for a
diabetic with renal problems, "Mooove Over Butter" is the best choice.
"I
Can't Believe It's Not Butter" is next in line.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Sugar-free No Bake Cookies

This recipe sounds good and I'll try it. Thanks - sugar free recipes are hard to find. I only use food with 3 grams of sugar or less. Monica

o

Is there a step missing in this?? you talk about cooking the oats but that step is not here??

o

I have been using your recipe for almost a year now. I love it. My daughter and grandchildren love it, but what surprises me is my little dog loves it. One addition I have tried a few times is: cut up about 6 dried dates into 1/2 cup of water (instead of the milk) and let sit for 15 minutes to rehydrate. Then follow recipe. I also add chopped nuts or chopped dried apples sometimes. I made a batch today and they're in the refrigerator chilling. Then I will try to dip the balls in melted chocolate. My diet allows me to have 8 grams of sugar so I can find dark chocolate with a lot of looking.

One other point, I have found that two packets of sugar-free hot chocolate mix equal 6 tbs. of Quick. Thanks again for the recipe - it is wonderful. Monica

o

MonicaTX,

You should not be giving this to a dog. Chocolate can be fatal in any form, although Quik doesn't have that much in it to begin with. As you refer to your "little" dog, I'd be very cautious about this. It's not the caffeine, it's the theobromide that's in cocoa that will kill a dog.

o

I'VE BEEN A DIABETIC 2 FOR ALMOST A YEAR. WE, WEBBIES HAVE A NG THAT IS FOR DIABETIC'S. SO IF YOU'VE GOT A WEBTV, AND IT WORKS ONLY WITH WEBTV, HERE IT IS

alt.discuss.clubs.public.support.illness.deruby

anyway that's where I found this site for almost everything, lots of cookies recipes. This site is for pc's too. Only the above addies is for webtv.
http://www.recipesource.com/baked-goods/desserts/cookies/diabetic/

I hope this helps. This is the 1st time i've been to this site, really enjoy it.

GERRY

o

How long can I storege them in the fridge???

also

Does the oat have to be cook before adding to recipe???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here