Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: breakfast foods

Posted by Meghane (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 03 at 21:03

I'm starting the South Beach diet (as seen in Prevention magazine) next week, but I'm planning this week. Phase 1, which lasts 2 weeks, is very much like Adkins in that you can't eat fruit, dairy (except low fat or nonfat cheeses), pasta, cereal, bread, potatoes, baked goods, etc. I'm OK on everything except breakfast because I don't eat eggs or pork products. Every sample meal has eggs in it- and I'm not fond of the fake egg stuff either.

So far, I've come up with a Breakfast Patty (soy sausage patty) with mushrooms, green peppers, and part-skim mozzarella cheese for 1 option and fat-free refried beans and salsa for another option. I can have beans (except pintos), but I'm not sure how many mornings I want to start with something beany. I could sure use some ideas. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: breakfast foods

I fix a tofu scramble for my vegan students and the people who don't eat eggs: start with extra firm plain tofu, crumble it up. Then add peppers, onions, mushrooms, whatever you like, add tumeric for color, garlic, seasoned salt. Cook in a pan or on a grill until it's hot. They all love it and it's a good source of protein.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here