Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for recipes to fatten up a diabetic

Posted by efine50 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 16:33

My other half has type 2 diabetes. He's very good when it comes to eating the right things but he can't gain weight! Went to the doctor yesterday and the doc wants him to gain about 25lbs. How can I do that? I watch his carb & fat intake. I'd rather not load him up on fat but what else can I do? Anyone have any ideas...I would really appreciate it!
Thanks
Evelyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for recipes to fatten up a diabetic

There are good fats, like natural oils. I use a lot of oils, like walnut, seseme, macadamia, olive, other nut oils. I don't use certain oils after much research, but that is up to you. I have type 2 diabetes that is controlled by diet, for 14 yr. now. There are bad fats, like in red meat, etc., that would end up clogging his system, etc. A good oil would be in canned salmon, make patties, a loaf, salmon spread (like tuna), and most salmon that is canned is wild salmon, so free of mercury and lead. Maybe his metabolism is fast also. I know it is hard to balance the blood sugars, and keep the fats down.
Darlene

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for recipes to fatten up a diabetic

Thanks Darlene
I'm going to look into the good fats. He's been drinking Glucerna and that is helping and not affecting his sugar levels. Between that and a different diet may just do the trick.
Evelyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here