SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenbuckeye

RECIPE: Went from insulin to healthy eating

goldenbuckeye
18 years ago

When I started taking care of my Mom 3 years ago she'd been taking insulin for years. At the time she was taking 45 units every morning.

Within 2 months of eating healthy she got off the insulin and doesn't even take pills. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think she'd ever get off insulin!

She eats everything we eat (no special recipes) just in moderation. She has 3 meals and 3 snacks at the same time everyday and has something sweet everyday wheather it be cake, candy, cookies, pie or ice cream! She also lost 50 #'s the first year.

SUGAR FREE IS NOT OKAY!!!! For example; a small scoop of sugar free ice cream has 19 grams of carbs and 4 grams of sugar! Sugar free only means there's no added sugar but what about the carbs and the sugar in the other ingredients used! I check carbs more than sugar because your body uses (ALL) carbs but not all sugar. I do limit carbs but I don't call this a diet just healthy eating. I've had so many people tell me they never heard of anyone getting off insulin but Mom is living proof.

Comments (10)

Sponsored