SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teddymom_gw

recipe: sbd recipes

teddymom
20 years ago

I love trying new recipes and now that I'm on the South Beach Diet, there are lots of new recipes for me to try. I'm posting three of my new favorites.

Spicy Pork Strips

1 pork tenderloin - cut into 4" long strips

1/2 cup lite soy sauce

1 Tbsp. Splenda

3 Tbsp. water

1 1/2 tsp. minced ginger root

1 clove garlic

1/4 cup green onions

1 tsp. hot sauce (I used Sambal Olek)

Marinate pork strips in all other ingredients for approximately 30 minutes. Thread on soaked bamboo skewers and broil for 3 minutes per side - or grill on BBQ. (I think this marinade would be good for chicken as well)

Salmon Patties

2 cans salmon, drained and bones removed

3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

1 clove minced garlic

2 eggs, beaten

pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix salmon with remaining ingredients. Form into 4 patties and place on an oiled baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes - no need to flip over. (I like this recipe because it's baked in the oven, not fried on the stove with oil)

Quick Quiche

8 eggs or use half egg beaters and 4 eggs

1 cup Low Fat half & half cream

2 cups broccoli - cooked and chopped

2 cups light cheddar cheese - grated

1/2 cup green onion chopped

5-6 slices Canadian Back Bacon - cooked & chopped

Spray 8x8 pan with Pam. Spread broccoli in pan. Cover with bacon, onion and cheese. Mix together eggs and cream and pour over all. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy. (Breakfast on the run just doesn't get much easier!)

As a quick note, I tried another recipe tonight. I pounded some boneless chicken breasts flat and spread each with about 1 heaping teaspoon of Mediterranian Cream Cheese (spicy!) and rolled up the chicken around it. Placed it on a greased pie pan and baked it for about 20 minutes at 350F. It's kinda like a Chicken Kiev without the fat! I served them with LF sour cream and salsa.

Please post your favorite SBD recipes when you have some time.

Sue

Comment (1)

Sponsored