Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: crab recipes

Posted by Ilene29 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 04 at 14:50

I got a book with crab recipes and they sound good. And thought that i woould post some.
Ilene

CHILIES RELLENOS

1/4 CUP canned green chilies
1 tablespoon butter or oil
4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into
small chunks
6 eggs

Beat the eggs with the chilies. Spray a large, heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and put it over med. high heat.
When the skillet is hot, add the butter or oil, and slosh it around to coat the bottom of the skillet. Pour in the beaten
eggs with chilies, and scramble them until they're about half-set. Add the chunks of monterey jack, continue scrambling until set, then serve.

Yield: 2 or 3 servings. Assuming 2 servings, each will have 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 31 grams of protein.

I had this one this morning and it was ok for my husband he did'nt care much about it.

Quesadillas

If you like to make a single-serving quesadillas, use a single tortilla, cover half of it with cheese, and fold it over. You can use this method for all your quesadillas if you like.

2 low-carb tortillas
4 ounces cheese, sliced or shredded

Mexican queso quesadillas is the classic choice, but monterey Jack, jalapeno jack,and chedder are all great, too.
Put onr tortilla in the bottom of a large, heavy, dry skillet over medium heat. Spread the cheese over it, and place the other tortillas on top. Let it cook a few minutes,until the cheese is starting to melt. Carefully flip the whole thing, and let it cook on the other side until the cheese is well-melted. Remove from the skillet, cut the quesadilla into quarters-a pizza cutter works well- and serve.

Yield: 2 servings, each with 12 grahms of carbohydrates and 9 grams of fiber, for a total of 3 grahms of usable carbs
and 19 grams of protein.

I will post more latter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: crab recipes

Great recipes, Ilene! I especially love the quesadilla one! That's what I had yesterday for lunch, but I sprinkled cheese over the tortilla, heated it to melting in the microwave, spread salsa on one half and folded it over. Two of the 6" La Tortilla's made a terrific lunch! Thanks for posting the recipes. I've borrowed Dana Carpender's 500 Low Carb Recipes book from my library and it's full of good recipes. I'm out of town visiting my sister this weekend, but will post some of Dana's recipes next week. Have a great weekend, Ilene!
Sue

o

Sue,
I got the 15 min. low-carb book of hers. I got it from qvc.
There are some great recipes in it. Have a great week end.
Can't wait to see what kind of recipes that is in that book. May have to try and get that. Have a great week end. We will be going out to the farm this week end.
Ilene

o

I have been OFF low carb for about a year now and need to get back on, have gained a few pounds, but I have had a terrible time staying on it lately. Usually if I can make it 3 days I am home free, but not now. Guess the carb bug has really got ahold of me. Will try these recipes and see If I can make it work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here