SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilene29

RECIPE: crab recipes

Ilene29
20 years ago

I got a book with crab recipes and they sound good. And thought that i woould post some.

Ilene

CHILIES RELLENOS

1/4 CUP canned green chilies

1 tablespoon butter or oil

4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into

small chunks

6 eggs

Beat the eggs with the chilies. Spray a large, heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and put it over med. high heat.

When the skillet is hot, add the butter or oil, and slosh it around to coat the bottom of the skillet. Pour in the beaten

eggs with chilies, and scramble them until they're about half-set. Add the chunks of monterey jack, continue scrambling until set, then serve.

Yield: 2 or 3 servings. Assuming 2 servings, each will have 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 31 grams of protein.

I had this one this morning and it was ok for my husband he did'nt care much about it.

Quesadillas

If you like to make a single-serving quesadillas, use a single tortilla, cover half of it with cheese, and fold it over. You can use this method for all your quesadillas if you like.

2 low-carb tortillas

4 ounces cheese, sliced or shredded

Mexican queso quesadillas is the classic choice, but monterey Jack, jalapeno jack,and chedder are all great, too.

Put onr tortilla in the bottom of a large, heavy, dry skillet over medium heat. Spread the cheese over it, and place the other tortillas on top. Let it cook a few minutes,until the cheese is starting to melt. Carefully flip the whole thing, and let it cook on the other side until the cheese is well-melted. Remove from the skillet, cut the quesadilla into quarters-a pizza cutter works well- and serve.

Yield: 2 servings, each with 12 grahms of carbohydrates and 9 grams of fiber, for a total of 3 grahms of usable carbs

and 19 grams of protein.

I will post more latter.

Comments (3)

Sponsored