Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Low carb deep dish Pizza

Posted by Ilene29 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 12, 04 at 8:45

My sister sent this and thought that it sound good.
Ilene

4 oz. cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream or skim milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon oregano or Italin seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups mixed Italin or pizza cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup part skim mozzaeella cheese

Pizza topping
Pepperoni, ham, onion, green pepper, murshrooms, bacon, browned sausage, ground beef

Preheat oven to 375. Beat together cream cheese and eggs til smooth. Add cream, parm. cheese and spices and mix again. Spray 9x13 pan with pam.

Sprinkle 2 cups Italin cheese into dish and pour egg mixture over it. Squish it around until the egg mixture covers the cheese. This will be your crust. Bake at 375 for about 20 min. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle 1 cup mozarella cheese and pile with favorite toppings. Then sprinkle with more parm. chesse. Return to oven and bake til bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 min. before cutting. Makes 4 servings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Low carb deep dish Pizza

Ilene, this looks good and I'm going to try it tonight. I'll post my 'taste test' later! Thanks for posting the recipe.
Sue

o

I have'nt tred it yet my self but my sister said that it was good. Please do let me know whatyou think about it. I will be waiting to hear about it.
Ilene

o

Well, I made the recipe tonight for dinner and it's a keeper, Ilene! I followed the recipe and for toppings, I used chopped yellow pepper, sliced mushrooms and sauted some spicy Italian sausage. I made it in a 8x11 pan, so I've got some for my lunch tomorrow as well. Thanks again for posting the recipe!
Sue

o

I will have to make that two and i will let my sister now that you liked it.
Ilene

o

My SIL is on Atkins do you know the CARB COUNT per serving?

o

We eat this all the time ! It's delicious ! Don't know the carb count off hand -- but I know it's low .

o

Sounds great but I have a question about the Italian/pizza cheese. Is this real grated cheese or the kind that comes in a can that has a lot of cellulose in it (to prevent clumping, they say). Seem that with the quantity, it would make a difference.

Thanks.

o

I love this recipe! Even better... so do my kids!!! (7&11)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here