Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Gluten/Wheat/Yeast/Sugar free recipe suggestions

Posted by susqt (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 17:44

I am newly married and my husband has food allergies. He is restricted from refined sugar, wheat & yeast. I would like to cook healthy, delicious foods for us but am from Minnesota and only know mid-western cooking. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Gluten/Wheat/Yeast/Sugar free recipe suggestions

You can go to Celiac.com and get recipes but they will have sugar, substitute honey or other. I do not use artifical sweetners myself. Or you can type in that specific restriction, like wheat sugar yeast free recipes in search window and get recipes. Go to Pecanbread.com and get some recipes. I am on a special diet for the colon, and cannot use grains, sugar, yeast. So I am on the Specified Carbohydrate Diet for it, and am doing fine. Type that in search window and get more info. Or go to Amazon. com and type in Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall and read the reviews. Or type in Specified Carbohydrate Diet recipes in your search window and get recipes. Or email me, and I can help. I have lots of recipes and helps. I also am from Minn. 47 yr. ago....so know how they eat there. My siblings all live there still.
Darlene

o

Thanks, Darlene. Your email is very helpful. I will check out the websites you suggested and send you an email if I get derailed.

Many blessings to you!

o

If you have a good health food store they can help along with the Health food section of your local market. If you have a 7th Adventist Church in your area, contact the Pastor and see if they have any cooking schools. The Adventist have a ton of information avaiable because many of the people choose not to eat wheat/sugar etc. Check any Asian markets for rice flour etc. Cooks.com has receipes avaiable also. I have several cookbooks from people that have these receipes and may be able to help you if you wish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here