Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 17:40

For the bread machine. No yeast.

"Tried and true", please.

Thanks,
Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Wheat-free, gluten-free bread recipes

Type that in your search window, and you will get recipes. Also go to Celiac.com, where they have a lot of recipes there. I am on a special diet for the colon, thus can't use the bread, although I used to.
Darlene

o
RE: LOOKING for: Wheat-free, gluten-free bread recipes

The following is from Mary Frances Picketts website http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com

She has Q&A section about baking gluten free bread on her blog at that you might find helpful (e.g., get more rise by beating dough mixture for a few minutes with the paddle before adding it to the bread machine); read more at:
http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/archives/gluten-free-bread-tips

Really Good Sandwich Bread
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 c. water (105 degrees or a little less than hot)
2 cups "Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix Recipe" (see below)
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1tsp. salt
2 eggs (or 6 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed)
1 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1. Start by combining the yeast and sugar in a small bowl (I use the smallest in my set of three nested mixing bowls). Add the water while gently stirring the yeast and sugar. Let this mixture sit while you mix the rest of the ingredients - bubbles and foam should form if the yeast is happy.
2. Combine the flour mix, xanthan gum and salt in the largest mixing bowl and stir well.
3. In a third bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vinegar until the eggs are a bit frothy.
4. By this point the yeast mixture should be foamy, so you can pour the two liquid mixtures into the flour mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed and then dump into your bread machine. Cook on the 80 minute setting the stirring paddle is not necessary.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix (Note: this mix can be used for a variety of baked goods and things like pancakes as well)

3 parts brown rice flour (I use Bobs Red Mill)
3 parts corn starch
2 parts soy flour
1 part masa harina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here