‘Diabetic Cooking Magazine’ – 2000
2-1/2 c. flour
Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cut in Prune Puree and margarine with pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the next 3 ingredients; mix just until blended. Stir in pecans. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead 2 or 3 times. Pat into an 8-inch circle and cut into 12 equal wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet, spacing 2-in. apart. Bake at 400-F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and springy to the touch. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Analysis: One scone equals: 155 calories…4 gm fat (1 gm saturated)…4 gm protein…26 gm carbohydrate…0 cholesterol…1 gm fiber…358 mg sodium ++++ Exchanges: 2 starch…1/2 fat
|PRUNE PUREE |
Fat Replacement for Baking
Combine 1-1/3 c. (8 oz.) pitted prunes and 6 T. of hot water in food processor or blender. Pluse on and off until prunes are finely chopped and smooth. Store leftovers in a covered container and refrigerate for up to 2 months.
Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.