Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Low salt dinner rolls conversion???

Posted by Heidiho (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 03 at 13:30

I have a recipe for low salt dinner rolls that calls for oat bran and self rising flour but the flour is way too high in sodium so I was wondering if I could use all purpose flour and no sodium baking powder instead. Do you think this would work? Wish I knew more about conversion in recipes!! Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Low salt dinner rolls conversion???

Hmmm someone with more low salt experience will probably jump in here but I read in a breadmaker cookbook that one of the things salt does is control the rising of yeast. Are you making rolls (with yeast) or biscuits? With biscuits I can't see that it would matter. But with yeast rolls my guess is that if you cut back on salt too much you would need to cut back on yeast too. Why not make a small batch and try it? Kathy_PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here