Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: heart healthy(low salt) & diabetic recipes

Posted by klown98 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 02 at 10:48

I have a leaky valve in my heart and my husband is a diabetic so I need both kinds of recipes.
Please can you help?
Thanx,
Karla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Karla...check out this site....

This message board is a good place to get Diabetic recipes. They are great with support too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diabetic Recipe Swap

o
RE: RECIPE: heart healthy(low salt) & diabetic recipes

Have you tried the EnerG products? They are at health food stores and some grocery stores carry them. There is a product called EnerG Baking Soda (no salt), EnerG egg Replacer (no fat, cholesterol and 5 mg. sodium). I also use Fetherweight baking powder (no salt). My Dad is on a low salt diet (500 mg./day) because he has heart and kidney failure. His problems were started from diabetes. The Dr. told him to make his own bread. Some sandwich buns have almost 500 mg. of sodium. You cannot buy any prepackaged foods, everything must be homemade.

o
Karla...I sent you an e-mail but it came back.....)))

undeliverable.

My name is Phyllis A. aka Filus.

I am compiling my second recipe book called "Healthy Eatin' Recipes". They are all low in salt..fat and cholesterol. All have Nutritional Analysis and many have Diabetic Exchanges.

This book is Free. I send it thru e-mail. If you are interested send me an e-mail and I will put you on the list to receive it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here