|MOLASSES OAT BREAD
“Taste Of Home” Magazine
4 c. boiling water
In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cool to 110-115-F. Add yeast; mix well. Add enough flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rice in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
Punch dough down and divide into thirds; shape into loaves. Place in three greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350-F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals: 183 calories…2 gm fat (trace saturated)…0 cholesterol…200 mg sodium…37 gm carbohydrate…1 gm fiber…4 gm protein ++++ Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch
Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here