|APRICOT SQUASH SOUP
Serves: 4… Ready in 1 hour or less
1 medium onion, chopped
In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add apricots, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly. Process in small batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan and heat through. Garnish with green onion.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving equals: 117 calories…75 mg sodium…2 mg cholesterol…19 gm carbohydrate…4 gm protein…4 gm fat ++++ Exchanges: 1 fat…1/2 fruit…1/2 starch
Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.