Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Low-Carb Recipes

Posted by RosieBogo (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 02 at 1:52

Does anyone out there have any recipes for low-carb cooking? Soups and main meals etc. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Low-Carb Recipes

Rosie, I suppose you mean 'lo white-carb' recipes, as broccoli and tomatoes are carbs! Eliminate white foods, like potatoes, breads and pastas and look for whole grain products. They are whole wheat (wheatberries), whole oats (groats) whole barley (not pearled), brown rice, or whole rye grain. Get whole wheat pastas and wild rice....seek out high fiber foods. Go for all veggies and fruits, and go light on fats (meats).Good luck. Salena

o
RosieBogo....Check out this link)))

Barbo's Diet Kitchen deals with all kinds of diets including low-carb. They are also great for support!

Lotsa Recipes!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: BARBO'S DIET KITCHEN

o

We are living low carb and I have to disagree with Salena. We stay away from any starches even the whole wheat. Many fruits are high in carbs as well. The best things to be eating is eggs, cheese, meats and green veges. If you are doing it for a diet, train your mind to a new way of life. My dh has lost over 50 lbs since the beginning of the year, I have only lost 16 but am pregnant so I don't count:)
Good luck. Go to your local library and check out a low carb book. Though we don't aren't a supporter of Dr. Atkins, he does have a good recipe book out. You can also buy them off ebay. I have a few if you want to email me sometime. Good Luck.
Christie

o

I have a compilation of my low-carb group's favorite recipes at: http://www.atkinsloser.homestead.com

o

Thanks Filus for Barbo's site. This is a great site.
Deanna

o

try these:

lowcarbluxury.com

carblite.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here