Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Low carb?

Posted by Lindac (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 2, 04 at 22:14

low fat is old had in the continuing diet craze....how about some low carb recipes and hints?
I'll start!
For that something sweet craving...
Make a package of no sugar Jello of your choice ( I know!!...I never said it was delicious!)...mix 2 teapsoons of powdered egg white with 2 T. water and while the jello is becoming partially set.....whip to peaks.....add the partially set jello and beat to a froth....add 1/4 cup whipping cream and continue to whipuntil more than doubled in size.....chill and pretend it's ice cream!
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Low carb?

Chocolate mousse

2 small cartons of whipping cream
1 small box instant sugar free jello chocolate pudding
1 regular block of cream cheese
about 1/2 cup cold water

I add sliced almonds or pecans on each serving.

o

I'm going to try that recipe for jello with the powdered egg-whites. Even though I'm doing Atkins, don't want to get carried away with the fat. I'm always looking for lo-carb recipes.

I purchased 3 cans of the "DEB EL" just whites, they are 100% dried egg whites, fat free, sugar free and delicious. They were on sale for 1.00/can, that's 57 egg whites each.

I have used them for bacon, sausage, cheese Quiches or just plain omelets. I do however, add a fresh egg or two in with the whites (don't have to). You do need to let the powder dissolve in warm water a few minutes, then beat with a whisk.

Dee from MN

o

I had this last night and it was very good. It's from lowcarbfriends.com

MY BEEF STROGANHOFF (sic) by Kitryn Ellis
1 lb ground beef
1 pint sour cream
1 small onion rough chopped
1 large can or 12 fresh mushrooms sliced
1 tsp black pepper
3 beef boullion cubes
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
salt to taste

Brown beef with salt and pepper, add onion and mushrooms until soft, over low heat stir in sour cream and blend until smooth. Add boullion until dissolved, then add worchestershire. Blend until mixed and heated through. No need to serve over anything. Good just from the bowl!!

Cooks notes - I made a vegetarian version using Morningstar Farms crumbles, Angostura worchestershire, and Telma beef flavor stock cubes. I added some tofu chunks - not enough as it turned out. A couple of cups would be about right.

Teri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here