Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Condiments and other without high glucose corn syrup

Posted by jel48 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 18:00

Does anyone have a list of condiments (ketchup, barbeque sauce, salad dressings, etc) that don't contain high glucose corn syrup? I'm looking for other types of food as well. My Dr has asked me to stay away from just this one item (I'm a type II diabetic) but I'm finding it sure is in common use. I'll read the labels, but thought maybe someone could give me a head start on this!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Condiments and other without high glucose corn syrup

Let Agave nectar be your sweetener. Great for diabetics! And for your catchup, get some plumb tomatoes, cut the stem end off and halve them. Put them on a foil/parchment covered baking sheet and slow cook them at 225 degrees for 6 hours (or till the juices are syrupy). Now, you can peel them easy and make your own catchup BBQ sauce, AND you know what's in it. You can slow roast garlic/onions at the same time. Yummmmmmm

google raw organic agave nectar, and you will see why it is recommended for diabetics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here