Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: anyone doing South Beach?

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 28, 04 at 15:36

I bought the guide book and think it looks healthier than Atkins. Problem is It's tough to find recipes that are "good carb" that will also taste good to my skinny husband who does not need to diet! Anyone have any good ones?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: anyone doing South Beach?

I'm not doing South Beach but I got this recipe from the book when I read it. It calls for part-skim ricotta but full fat is so much better if you can stand the fat grams.

SOUTH BEACH RICOTTA CREME
1/2 c ricotta cheese
1/4 t vanilla
1 pkt Splenda

Mix it up and chill.

For variations add cocoa powder or lemon or lime zest. Or, for almond, substitute almond extract and add some slivered almonds.

Cook's notes: This is quick and easy and satisfies my need for a little something sweet after a meal. I add extra Splenda for my sweet tooth.

Teri

o

I am doning the soth beach diet. If you get the book there is some recipes in at. And i have made the Ricotta cream and i like them. I have tryed all of them. Dh don't care for it but he will eat it if i put it in front of him. This is my second week on it.
Ilene

o

I started last Monday (2/9/04) and I've lost 9 pounds already. Haven't weighed myself this week yet. Anyone have recipes or links to share? I like the ricotta cheese dessert too, Ilene. Especially the vanilla one.
Sue

o

I have been on the sbd since July. I have lots of recipe sites if you are interested in more.
recipes

o

Great recipe site, Wanda! New one for me. Yes, please could you post your recipe sites for SBD? I just started on my Phase 2 and love trying new recipes. I'll post a couple of my favorites later today when I get home from work. Maybe we can get this forum a bit more activity!
Sue

o

Sue, here's another one, but you have to download the recipes. She has alot of great one. She is a member on the sbd website at prevention magazine. Its a great site, lots of info and recipes posted daily.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southbeach Recipes

o

Shake off the Sugar Recipe Site
Shake off the Sugar

o

Thanks again, Wanda! Great sites - I've been to the Southbeach Recipe site and have downloaded her recipes to try. And I've also bookmarked the Shake off the Sugar one for perusal at a later time. So many recipes to try - I'm 'hooked' on this way of eating!!
Sue

o

Your welcome! Hope that you enjoy them. I have no problem with this way of eating, it has really grown on me, and its a great diet for dh as he is a diabetic.
I am not saying that occasionally, we don't treat ourselves to something not on the sb way of eating, but then its right back to it the next day.

o

Thanks for the recipes i have been on it but was off of it this week end we had to go to ARK. my brother in law died and then when we got back we stared over and then today dh is got what every it is going around with a cold and things like that. And he said that his face haret. So when he gets to felling better we will start back on it.
Ilene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here