Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: oil found in wow potato chips

Posted by
shelly
(dominickgn@cs.com) on
Wed, Jan 2, 02 at 15:13

looking to purchase a container of oil that is used in wow potato chips, so i may cook lowfat recipes at home. Does anyone know where i can buy this? i have looked everywhere!

thanks,
shelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: oil found in wow potato chips

I don't think Olean (or olestra) is available to the general public. As I understand it, there is a lot of extra steps you have to do to use it, you can't just use it like regular oil.

Also, a lot of people have digestive problems with it if they consume very much of it. That is why it is only used right now in snack foods. They figure people won't eat a lot of it.

o
Speaking of WOw potato chips....

Until about a year ago I could get Barbecue flavored WOW chips, which I really liked, esp for about 300 calories a bag. But they have disappeared from the shelves here; has anyone else had this experience? If so, let me know so I can contact the stores and see what's up.

o
RE: LOOKING for: oil found in wow potato chips

My super wal-mart has regular, onion and barbeque WOW's. yummmmmmmy
Salena

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here