Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: artifical sugers, etc

Posted by yacheryl (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 10:29

I'm trying to do a low sugar, low fat, low bad carb diet.
I can't stand ice tea without sugar!
I have to put 2-3 packets in my glass.
Ok, here the question.
If I use artifical suger, Equal, Splenda, etc,
and they say "0" calories on the packets,
does my body still consume it like they are sugar?
Or does my body know it's "0" caleries
because I still get that same feeling/taste
like I was really eating real "S-U-G-A-R".

Also the spray butter says it contanies "0" calories, too.
When it goes in my body, does my body still see it as fat or can I pile it on?
Because it tastes pretty darn good on those green beans and peas..........cheryl.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: artifical sugers, etc

HI Cheryl,
Your body has a very hard time breaking them down. Try NuStevia or Xylitol. Xylitol measures spoonful for spoonful like sugar & is all natural. Shopping around you can find it reasonably priced.
I love my ice tea with it.
Good luck.
Dannette

o
RE: RECIPE: artifical sugers, etc

Okay, I know I will probably get insulted for this post but it is my opinion based on my research and what doctors have told me.

Your body treats artifical sweetners like sugar. There is research that shows artifical sweetners to be 3x sweeter than sugar. Thus all the overweight folks who only use artifical sweeteners.

Also, research the possible side effects of artifical sweetners including Splenda before using them. For me, it just isn't worth it. I gradually reduced my sugar intake and now I like the way food and drinks taste with out being sweet. Stevia is a natural sweetner but I personally can't stand the aftertaste it leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Special Diet Recipes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here