SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elle110

Mold in Body Butter

elle110
20 years ago

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays,

I need help with a couple of by body butter which have turned up with mold in them. I use Liquipar for a preservative but was never 100% sure if adding enough.

My earlier body butters were too concetrated and kind of cakey but I found out it was because I was not adding enough emulsifying wax and that was why I could not add anymore water that I was. So I resolved that issue and now have very creamy butter.

So what happened, I found 2 of my stock butters with a small amount of black mold ( they were only about a month old) I did not find any others in my stock with this issue. Then a friend of mine who had some of the original cakey butter said hers had alot of mold. She did tell me she was adding oil to it to make it creamier. Could her adding oil to it make the preservative ratio screwed up (at the time I had the cakier butter I was adding a very small amt of Liquipar). But that does not explain these two I have here with mold.

Now I really wish I had been putting a batch # or something on these. I am really nervous someone else (like an internet customer) will end up with mold in there butter.

One thing that is intersting, I have an original body butter still in my stock that is fine.

I am so glad the holidays are almost over. I just started doing this in August and it took off really fast, so fast I have not been able to really stop and see where my product is, how I want it etc. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for the wonderful business I have but I have got to regroup.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give

Michelle

Comments (6)

Sponsored