Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have a favorite bath salt recipe?

Posted by kim0201 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 9, 06 at 22:55

There are SO many great sounding recipes on the internet for bath salts. I saw one tonight where someone adds powdered milk to her mix which sounds interesting. I was thinking about making some bath salts for my female cousins/inlaws. I like to do small gifts for everyone & thought these might be quick to make and EZ to ship.

I was just wondering if you would mind sharing your favorite recipe here. Thank you & happy holidays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have a favorite bath salt recipe?

I don't use a recipe.
I like several things in mine and the rest is up to my mood, or what's in the ingredient cupboard.
I like sea salt and epsom salt. I also like to mix in a bit of collidial oatmeal. (Aveeno~but Walmart has a knock off that is much cheaper, and I use that.) Sometimes I'll grate in some "butter", or mix in a bit of good "skin" oil. Glycerin is a nice medium to mix in the scent and color. But if a person has trouble with yeast infections, then adding "sugar" to their bath is not a good idea. In that case just use a nice oil. Jojoba, rice bran, safflower. Stuff like that. Powdered milk is a nice touch, powdered goat milk too...Really the sky is the limit.

Just play, have fun, and let everyone enjoy the good stuff!

o

Thanks Terri. You've given me some good food for thought. Now it's just time for me to get creative. Happy holidays.

o

Kim, what did you come up with?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here