Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yet Another Link...YAL

Posted by tanner2135 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 12, 02 at 21:09

found this on another board...http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com

they had a TON of scents that they specifically say are safe for candles and soap (not all of them are so pay attention to the columns!) don't know if they're any good or not, prices seemed reasonable...YMMV.

take care,
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
and another...

http://www.colebrothers.com/soap/

LOTS of links on this site.

o
RE: Yet Another Link...YAL

Ok, it's taking me forever to find the links people recommend so I'm turning this thread into a repository of links. If I ever get around to it, I'll compile and put up a page of all our favorite links somewhere.

Where I get:
Bases: wisteria lane
EOs: Majestic Mountain Sage (bought alot here. LOTS of accessories not found elsewhere.)
Molds: the soap goat (bought ALOT here. great CS.)
Martin Creatives (never bought, but will if I get my xmas present!)
chase (never bought, just looked.)
Colorant: the soap goat
Jars/Containers: Majestic Mountain Sage

That's all I can remember right now.
Andrea

o

Thanks Andrea - That site just got the Cool Citrus Basil I was talking about.

Heather

o

Andrea - thank you for posting that! I have my credit card out and I'm ready to spend! And I'm telling DH that it's all your fault!!! lol!

o

LOL...my credit cards have already melted!

Hey, feel free to add your favorite sites...I'm not just broadcasting my own links here! And please add a comment or two about why you like them...could be just because you like their web design.

Recipes: Ponte Vedra Soap Shoppe...lots of cool recipes. haven't shopped. base prices seem high...$3+/lb.
Everything: Wholesale Supplies Plus aka WSS...haven't shopped here *yet*, but this is a popular site on this board. Will shop as soon as I give my cc a chance to breathe. =)

o
linky link

Great ideas/recipes/information: teachsoap.com. lots of good information, photos and tips. even gives a list of items you'll need if you're going to do a show, which i found invaluable.

o

Recipes: Soap Center
sudsations.com

Both from Jill from another thread.

o
And another...

Fields Landing home page. Great color chips for a nice navy blue...and I only used a quarter of the chip!

Unfortunately, they don't sell anything off their own site, but here's Jody's Soap and Creations that carries FL stuff.

Thanks to Heather.

o

o

I got this from a soapsuppliers list I'm on...pretty good prices, lots of FOs. One's called Monkey Farts! Haha! Ooh, Toasted Hazelnut...mmm.

I'm not endorsing or anything, just passing it on. Buy at your own discretion please.
Andrea

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for allowing me to place this ad. :o)
List owners and/or moderators are not responsible for this sale.

~*SPECIAL*~
(8) eight 1oz bottles for $9.99. This way you can try a scent out and see if you like it first!

Prices:
1oz - $1.50 a bottle
2oz - $2.50 a bottle
4oz are $3.99 a bottle

(8oz and 16oz bottles can be ordered, please inquire.)

Go to www.jadegreenbeans.net for complete list

These fragrance oils are in hand. I will ship as soon as I have payment.

I will accept Paypal and Money Orders.

I use these oils to make Melt & Pour soaps. I have not tested any of them with Cold Process, as I only make M & P glycerin soaps. I do sell to quite a few CPsoapers. These oils can be used in candles, incense and potpourri.

Shipping will be via Priority Mail with Confirmation- to be
determined by zip. (Optional insurance available at buyers cost)

E-mail me privately at fragrance_oils@jadegreenbeans.net
Peace and blessings,
Rissa Green
www.jadegreenbeans.net"

o

I wanted to let you guys know that I got my orders. I was extremely pleased with Jody's Soap and Creations (see above post for link). I had my package in two days, so she got the order filled immediately. The only thing is that the bottles do not come with a squeeze top, so you have to use a dropper.

I also received my order from Candles and Supplies (link is in above post). They are in PA. I had to call them about my order, and it took me forever to get through. I could hear all kinds of stuff in the background, so it sounds like they are a very busy and popular store. Pleased with the Cool Citrus Basil I got from them. Their bottles are opaque so you can't see how much you have left. But they do come with an attachable squirt top. If you order a lot of scents from this place I would request additional squirt tops. I ordered three bottles, and only got one top.

FYI
Heather

o

www.oldplantation.com/suplistings.html - HUGE list of suppliers broken down to different categories. Looks like just a big compilation so order carefully.

Heather, thanks for your comments! I would so rather order from places where I know people had a good experience than some random place.

o

I have not had any purchasing experience with the following---posting for info. only

Alphabet Soap--good tutorials under recipe section w/step-by-step photos **very cool!**
Essential Oil Co.
Liberty Naturals
SoapBerry Lane
Soap Saloon
TKB Trading-colorants,dyes, micas & other stuff
My Sweet Victoria--fragrance supplies GALORE & soap supplies
Starville Soap Works
Self Essentials

o

A couple more...

Craft Cave--has Candle & Soap making supplies
Acorn Soap & Candle Supply
LorAnn OilsEOs/FOs and other stuff--you need to look at this page just for the neat photo on the index page!
Rainbow Meadow--precious & exotic EOs (says website)--also has lots of other supplies. Nice site, but SLOW load for dial-ups
Sun Feather Soap Company-sells finished soap and soap supplies. Neat site to poke around in. They also sell Melt & Pour SHAMPOO base--never saw that before.

Okay--I'm done for now (phew!)

Jill

o

I received an order from Wholesale Supplies Plus yesterday and I am really happy with it.
I got a cute basket weave mold and kiwi fragrance oil that I can't wait to try!
Robin

o

Heavenly Country Scents - lots of FOs, from another list, never ordered.

How to make soap petals - not that you need directions, but this how-to was a funny read. Go to the main page to check out some cool looking soap stones.

Sharon's Botanicals - not a supplier, but nice website and interesting soaps.

o
and another....

Wooden soap decks and crates - cute. Supplier willing to trade.

San Clemente Soap Factory - site is under construction so I didn't get to poke around, but she posted FOs for sale on another list.

o
the mind is going

Silk petals
Duh, forgot to mention why I posted the Heavenly Country Scents' link in the first place...they sell silk petals in a variety of colors.

o

Here's another one - these are wooden baskets, crates, etc. made by the disabled. Check out the soap bucket - how cute is that?!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: WTC wooden crates

o

Here is a list of my tried and true favorites that I have used and have been pleased with :
www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com (WSS, great CS, quick ship, best prices)
www.brambleberry.com (best Cool Water on the planet), not as fast as she used to be, shipping has gotten too high for me now but alot of her oils are pretty good. She carries alot of the Martin molds, as well. Martin isn't my favorite, they don't stand up well to alot of use, not well at all in CP or HP.
www.thescentshack.com This is my favorite place, very fast, great people, great quality, great prices.
www.soapmolds.com Best molds in my opinion, stand by their quality, have a problem, return it for exchange. My top sellers have ben the Victorian Hearts, and the Hummingbird and Lily.
www.milkywaymolds.com. Cheapest place to get these, is at WSS, but you can go to this site to see what all they have. YOu can do a one-time intro buy with Milky Way MOLDS, FOR $100.00, you can get 24 of their molds, they only ask that you buy at least 2 of each choice of mold.
My biggest sellers in Milky Way have been the Hand, the new foot mold, people love hands and feet, guest size hearts (celtic and fleurish) and the little dragonfly and bee guest mold, they also make great basket fillers.
Got to run for now, it's break time :))
OH! Of course, last but not least, www.sficcorp.com ,
the cleanest and purest soap base on the planet! There are alot of people who carry their bases (I included:) LOL.
Thanks, Libby

o
Here's another one (or two or three!)

OK, Susan just made me remember another one, www.fineartmolds.com, they are gorgeous but I have had them to break on me. WSS used to carry them but have stopped, maybe for that reason. they are hard to unmold, some are very exquisite, then some are quite tacky. They give a beautiful presentation, though, by painting and frosting alot of their soaps in the molds. They are quite expensive, as well. The cheapest place to get them is www.Autumnwindz.com , I hope I spelled that right, I know it's spelled a little funny, haven't been to her site in a while, she's good for those molds at a good price, though she is a little slow to ship, I think she has a full-time job, though, she is very nice, though. i'll post more as they come to me. I have bought alot from alot of places, and it's hard to remember everything.
OH! there is also www.naturesapprentice.com for your bottling needs, Christine is nice to deal with, as well. She is usually pretty fast, too, you may want to email her and let her know that you are in a hurry. I buy most of my glass amber bottles from her.

o

Thanks for all the links, Libby! I was checking out the fineartmolds.com page and for the life of me, can't figure out why people would want molds of a pig or elephant's butt?!? While pretty expensive, they are very unique. Ooh, but free shipping on orders over $30...must. not. be. impulsive.

o

You guys have kept me busy!! Thanks for all your time putting these links together. Some great sites with great pictures. I agree with you, Tanner. I like unusual & different molds, but an elephants butt?? Sandra

o

o
Fine Art Molds

Yes, they are different, aren't they? I have 5 left of The Cove,which is of a ladie's butt, well, she is over looking the ocean, stretched out, with her back to you; which I'm not into ladie's butts, I just got a special deal on them, but the men flipped over them, and I sold quite few of the soaps. So, if anyone wants one with a ladies butt, let me know, I've got the molds (and they are only 5.00, sorry, no free shipping:))

o

From another list...http://www.SoapSupplies.net is having a finearts mold blowout. 3 for $20.

I know people have mentioned they were hard to deal with but there are a few designs that I just can't resist and know friends would love them if I can get them to come out right, so this stubborn fool will report back.

=)
Andrea

o

AMENDMENT TO POST ABOVE!

I did not mean to slam soapsupplies.net and would like to clarify the statement I made above.

Where I said "people have mentioned they were hard to deal with", the "they" I was referring to were the fine art molds themselves, NOT the company, soapsupplies.net. Someone on another thread said that the fine art molds were sometimes difficult to unmold and tacky (not sure if that meant the art was tacky or the mold was sticky [grin]).

Again, soapsupplies.net were pleasant, I just placed an order today. It was the fine art molds that might be difficult to deal with.

Sorry for the confusion!
Andrea

o

Thanks Andrea. I did misunderstand what you meant. I plan
to place an order with them as well. Sandra

o

Heh, you didn't misunderstand, Sandra, so much as I was totally misleading...sorry about that!

from another list: between friends too - they carry vitamin E oil, as well as alot of other "exotic oils" like emu and others I've never seen.

o
one more

And another...Reneal - just poked around, never ordered.

o

Creations by Rade - lots of containers and bags. I was thinking of getting those chinese takeout boxes...thought they might be cute for rose petals, if I ever get around to making them!

What do you think?
Andrea

o

Hi Andrea - I came across another site that sells the Chinese food containers - www.preciouspetals.ca -
This is a Canadian site & her price is .36 for each. I don't know if they are clear or cardboard, but they do have a metal handle. Sandra

o

Even it's cardboard, at those prices, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks, Sandra!
Andrea

o

Never shopped, just adding to the (seemingly never-ending) list...

Saratoga Scents - owned/operated by the same people who do the site below.
Soap Supplies and Candle Supplies - ooh, dropper for FO/EO bottles. I *so* need to order some.
Soapmaking Stuff - whoa, their MP base is very expensive ($5 for ONE pound), but they have fast buys/co-ops on their scents.
Peeptoad Hollow - nice site, cute name.

Also, wanted to note that I got my order from JadeGreenBeans and was delighted with the person and my purchase.

o

packaging supplier
The Box Depot - LOTS of box styles and options but pictures are lacking.

o

GloryBee Soap Supplies - Melt & Pour soap base (translucent and white), coconut & palm oils, olive oil, carrier oils (sweet almond, apricot kernel, avocado, jojoba, and many more), dried flowers, molds, fragrance oils, colorants, containers, books, additives (sea salt, citric acid, beeswax, vitamin e oil, and much more), and miscellaneous equipment (thermometers, scales, cutters, etc.).

Found the above referenced on another soap forum and thought I'd post it here--no experience w/the company.

o

I ordered from Glory Bee once. The service was good, but there is a $25 minimum order and I found the shipping to be high. I orderd a dozen amber bottles (which I have not yet used), citric acid and a pretty mold. I only wanted the citric acid cause I thought their price was good ($2.50) a pound). I forget where they're located, but maybe that had to do with the high shipping.
Just a little tidbit of info,
Magi

o

Thx for the info, Magi. I didn't realize they had a minimum. I thought, though, that they seemed to have an interesting selection of *different* things (carrier oils, etc.) I hadn't come across their site before, in all my searching :-)

J

o

SoapMolds.Com

Plus side -- basic molds, artistic molds & a neat 3D mold...can buy 4 cavity molds OR single cavity molds for cheap. Nice site w/3D views of their molds...that was kinda different.

Down side -- minimum order $25

o

Craft Lobby...off another thread.

o

o

Hi Jill, had to tell you, I visited this forum about a week ago & it is fantastic! I have joined & I think I recognise you too! There is so much info on this forum it takes days & days to read. If anyone is interested, it is worth checking out. Sandra
P.S. It's free!

o

Sandra--I saw you too!! It's really interesting reading--lots of CP/HPers on that board, but you'll find some M&Pers too. Glad you liked it.

J

o

Another good soaper's discussion board (with a m&p forum!)

Here is a link that might be useful: handcraftedsoap.org

o

Hi Andrea - Back in Jan. you mentioned Creations by Rade. Today, I browsed thru her site & she has some really nice
packaging! Some really different ideas. Also has plastic
scoops not too badly priced, compared to the small wooden ones. Sandra

o

bubbles n lights - someone had had a problem where she was missing a fragrance but their customer service was non-existent...be aware before you order.

o

labcolours - someone raved about these colorants on another board.

o

Herbal Soaps by RJ - comes highly recommended on another mailing list.

o

Lots of free instructions here for candles without using molds. I liked the snowman, it was like a clay creation, instead of a wax work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Starla's Candle Making

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here