Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with left over holiday fragrances

Posted by elle110 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 03 at 19:48

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple quick ???. First, for some odd reason I purchased a ton of eggnog fragrance this holiday, I sold alot but I have a ton left over. How long will the fragrance last, I know I will not be selling anymore after this week. I hate that it will not stay fresh until next year at this time. Any ideas?

Second, does anyone know of a Salt Scrub recipe that is more like a butter scrub and thick? I can hardly stand most of the scrub recipes because they lay in oil, and most of the popular retail stores have the same oily substances (gross).

Third, does anyone know where I can purchase Calendula Oil ( I think it is supposed to be excellent in baby products if not someone correct me and tell me what is) I want to use in my lotion bar recipe in place of Sweet Almond Oil for a diaper rash bar.

Everyone have a happy and safe holiday, I feel so blessed to make it through this holiday still sane, I have been swamped and it felt like it would never end but now I am going to take a breather after holidays to get ready for the next rush.

Thanks
Elle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with left over holiday fragrances

Depending on the quality of the eggnog oil & HOW you store it, it should be fine till next holiday season.
It should be stored in an amber glass bottle, preferably out of the light, & in a temp controled room....not an attic, garage or bathroom.

Don't know about the scrub recipe, but as fas as the calendula oil, do some research & see what it's shelf life is, & HOW much you can use in a recipe.
Oils are not all equally replaceable--recipies can only be certian percentages of some oils. (You may have to STILL use some sweet almond or other carrier oil along with SOME calendula oil)
Also, check the shelf life of calendula oil. Some oils have a MUCH shorter shelf life than sweet almond oil, which is WHY sweet almond is used so much. And you may have to add a preseritive WITH the calendula oil, which may defeat whatever reason you want to get rid of the sweet almond oil.

Don't know how much help any of that is......

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season!

Hazel

o
RE: What to do with left over holiday fragrances

Thanks Hazel, I am getting on ordering some amber bottles right now, and I will research the Calendula Oil

Merry Christmas

Elle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here