Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone make soap for X-mas gifts?

Posted by ronniner (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 11 at 13:29

Just wondering if anyone here has made soap for gifts, and how did the batches turn out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone make soap for X-mas gifts?

I make MP soap for the holidays. I use EO's such as fir needle and blue spruce. I just got a great mold of stockings & xmas tree shapes. I find they come out nice and are well-received.

o

This year we've made a 10 pound cold processed recipe. We've split it into 2 x 4 pound recipes and 1 x 2 pound quantities.

The first 4 pounder, we used a Coconut FO (my daughter likes it straight, no other scent with it);
the second 4 pounder, we used Spearmint EO (I don't really like the Peppermint EO);
and the last 2 pounds, we used Yuzu (if memory serves) using the last of that FO.

This time of year we like to bring some soap over to friends homes, and leave it by one of their sinks (we dont tell them) they'll know who left them. :D

It is a nice gift that is home made, and we avoid gift exchanges that way as well. Just a little something, ya know.

Peace and health your way.

Best of the holidays! (when they come).

o

I used to make soap for the people at work. I would start in November and make about 75 bars. Everyone loved them, and I would give them bars when I made it for myself and my friends. Always made lye soap, and it turned out great. I would make it in several smaller batches, using recipes I'd already used before, instead of one huge batch.

o

Make CP for family and friends..they love it! and not just for christmas, if I make a new scent or new batch as well send this to everybody.

o

@ eahamel,

I used to have retail accounts, so we're used to making 10 pound batches at a time.
We no longer have those accounts, but we still make this size recipe.
We find that making a large(?) recipes saves us time, I measure out 5 x 10 pound oil/fat recipes in advance, so we are ready to go and have the soap sitting in our molds in less then 1 1/2 hours on soap day.
I find measuring out the oils takes too much time doing them separately, slowing down the soap making rhythm of making soap.

Best of 2012, and cheers!

o

I make bath and body products every year for my coworkers. I put three products in a cello bag and tie it with a bow that coordinates with my labels.

o

Homemade soap makes great Christmas gifts, whether it's M&P, or cold processed soap. I make cold processed soaps, myself. Plain bars cut from soap logs work just fine - you can wrap them in colored plastic wrap, or put them into a nice wooden box (I make my own at times). Another thing that I've done is one time I found a couple of Christmas ice cube trays made of silicone rubber (one was snowmen, the other was tiny trees), and used them as soap molds to make mini soaps for kids.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here