Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craft show this weekend

Posted by Hazel_SC (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 03 at 23:48

Doing a bigger craft show this weekend, in Orangeburg Sc, at the fairgrounds.........Hope it will be better than the last couple I did......

Especially since it's gonna be COLD, & the building isn't heated, so if ti's not busy, it's gonna be a LOOOONNNNGGG couple of days--10-8 friday, 9-5 saturday....

Hope to see some new stuff!

Hazel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craft show this weekend

Hi Hazel,
Hope your show was a sucess. And the weather was with you.

o

It was freezing cold on friday....I left 2 hrs early. I've never left a show early, but there were no customers in OUR building because we had no heat. the attached building did, but we were at the opposite side of the unheated building & they gave up before they made it to us......

Saturday was a bit better temp wise, & people wise, but they weren't buyng alot. I made almost as much as last year, & given the way shows have been going, that's good, BUT still overall almost not worth it.

The vacuum freshners did well, sold over of what I took.

I think I have decided that next year I'm going to try & get into the Christmas made in the south show in December, & just do that, not the smaller shows.......IF I can get into the show........then I would only set up once as opposed to several smaller shows.....

Don't know, gotta think about continueing doing shows.....now that I've done this show, I have finally recouped all the fees I have put out, but not made hardly anything above that.......which is sad....

Good thing the web site is doing okay, as is ebay, otherwise it would be looking pretty empty at the bank......

Hazel

o

Hazel,
Craft shows around here have been lousy, too. However, we opened up a little shop in a near-by flea market (an upper-class one, not a "junky" one) and we pay $60 a month rent for our shop, which is actually set up like a little store inside the big flea market. Electricity, shelving, etc. are all included in the rental. This shop is doing great in its' "fixed" location. I wish we had done this sooner instead of messing with craft shows- it is much more comfortable (and profitable)!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here